Biggest subwoofer in the world
May 27, 2004 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

v_1matst

Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this was ever mentioned here before (search is doing funky things today) but I thought everyone here would get a kick out of this:

woofer

The custom preamp they built for it is pretty cool too.

I'd love to hear what this sounds like.
eek.gif

May 27, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 9
ROFLMAO.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 9
Wasn't there a thread somewhere where someone (a headfi member if memory serves) built himself some really HUGE DIY subs, then after a week or so of rocking his house, the underground water pipes running below his house started cracking, leaking water everywhere?

And that dude's subs are nowhere near this one! Imagine what will happen to the house when you start rocking with that thing!

May 28, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 9
yeah, that was gerG...lol

I want to get 4 or so 18" pro drivers (hopefully above 97dB/1Watt/meter SPL) and I'll run them off my sub amp (180/270 watt 8/4 ohm respectively) and it'd rock my socks off :-D just imagine...that thing would rip like 106dB at 1 watt...yipes...woohoo...can't wait...too bad each driver is like 250 dollars...might be a while
frown.gif
like 4 years...haha

that one woofer is pretty crazy...is the whole orange thing the magnet cover??

May 28, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
Wrong guys, the world's largest sub is this one.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Can I ask any DIYer's out there to build one for me? Of course the DIYer will have to collect the necessary parts, I will pay for them.
biggrin.gif

Oh wait, what's the max amount you can transfer on paypal? Do you think I can transfer a couple of billions using paypal? Or would a cashier's check be better?

May 28, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 9
While it's been mentioned here a few times it is always cool to see someone make a sub-basement for the risubwoofers. That's insanely expensive, but totally cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back