BIGGEST "Pet Peeve"~ wash your HANDS!...
Feb 13, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #106 of 171
how bout the nasty north american rudism that is cool to be a rebel. go to a toilet in a respectable place (uni, airport) and trash it. you piss on the walls, over the toilet seat, never flush because showing your insides splayed an splashed across everything is so cool.

then, on the way out... you wash your hands... damn you

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #107 of 171
Hey, I don't use toilet paper and don't wash my hands.. life is good
rs1smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #108 of 171
pet peeve #1: people saying they don't need to wash their hands after #1, cuz their schlong is cleaaaannn!! ...just wash ur freakin hands!

pet peeve #2: I don't know why, but I get so annoyed by people sneezing more than two times in a row. Either get a tissue, or breathe through your mouth!!

... I also hate that driver that turns onto your path of travel, barely makes it without you slamming into their car, and then decides to drive 10km/h slower than the speed limit.. grrrr

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #109 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by igor21000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pet peeve #1: people saying they don't need to wash their hands after #1, cuz their schlong is cleaaaannn!! ...just wash ur freakin hands!

... I also hate that driver that turns onto your path of travel, barely makes it without you slamming into their car, and then decides to drive 10km/h slower than the speed limit.. grrrr

Just think about how many times you shook hands casually with someone, and the guy hadn't washed his hands since his first shower (hopefully he had at least that) that morning. This is definitely a pet peeve.

I thought the driving thing was just a Florida specialty. Happens every day and makes me nuts.

My biggest pet peeve is when someone cracks his or her knuckles on purpose in the middle of a conversation or at dinner or anytime outside of the privacy of one's own home. I hate the sound; it makes me cringe. What's worse is when you tell said person, and he does it again right then just to bug you...or maybe that's only my brothers...anyway, arrrrrrgh.

Feb 13, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #110 of 171
Well if you think about it, sometimes it is cleaner not to wash your hands. If you do wash your hands, you are touching a tap that other people touched after doing their business, and then your hands are even dirtier (unless you use a paper towel to turn off the water and to open the door, which I do). Otherwise even if you touch the door handle, your hands become "dirty" again because you touched someone else's dirtyness.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #111 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if you think about it, sometimes it is cleaner not to wash your hands. If you do wash your hands, you are touching a tap that other people touched after doing their business, and then your hands are even dirtier (unless you use a paper towel to turn off the water and to open the door, which I do). Otherwise even if you touch the door handle, your hands become "dirty" again because you touched someone else's dirtyness.

That is why most public places (malls, Walmarts, amusement parks, airports, etc) have door less bathrooms, toilets and sinks with auto sensors and either sensored paper towel dispensors or sensored airdryers so you don't have to touch anything and anyone but yourself.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #112 of 171
It bothers me a lot when people leave the time on the microwave. If you want to cook something for thirty seconds, set the timer for thirty seconds. Don't press the add minute button and stop it at thirty.

Ugh.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #113 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It bothers me a lot when people leave the time on the microwave. If you want to cook something for thirty seconds, set the timer for thirty seconds. Don't press the add minute button and stop it at thirty.

Ugh.

lol
i kinda do that to my brother, except i leave the microwave at 1 second, so when he comes around and presses the start button (to initiate the MW for one minute) it turns on and turns off as he's walking away! hahah
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #114 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by igor21000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just think about how many times you shook hands casually with someone, and the guy hadn't washed his hands since his first shower (hopefully he had at least that) that morning. This is definitely a pet peeve.

Ok, fine... while I'll accept these as pet peeves, I don't understand the logic.

Urine is sterile, and my Pee-Pee is as clean or dirty as my toes, elbows, or either one of my non-symmetrical nipples. I touch all of the aforementioned parts of my body, some more than others, during the course of a day: what's the difference other than the irrational --- "Ohhh gross, he's getting Pee-Pee oil and Pee-Pee germs all over me" --- fear. Even if urine wasn't sterile, it's not like we play "redirect the stream" with our hands every time we go. That kind of horse play is for camping trips.

If I'm using a public bathroom that ain't hands free it's straight out the door, past the sinks, I go. Public Bathrooms are filthy outhouses lined with a thin fecal wall treatment; they're disgusting way beyond any normal hand to Pee-Pee contact.

But I do respect your opinions, and hope one day to give you both a firm hand shake after I've been drinking beer for eight hours.
evil_smiley.gif

handshake.gif

If you take away anything from this post, and I hope you do, it should be to avoid shaking hands with male campers.

Feb 14, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #116 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, fine... while I'll accept these as pet peeves, I don't understand the logic.

Urine is sterile, and my Pee-Pee is as clean or dirty as my toes, elbows, or either one of my non-symmetrical nipples.

I think the idea behind it all is to get people acustomed to washing their hands, so the people that are more leasurely about their hygenic routine do wash their hands for everyone else's sake.

... i hope that makes sense

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #117 of 171
Quote:

Urine is sterile, and my Pee-Pee is as clean or dirty as my toes, elbows, or either one of my non-symmetrical nipples. I touch all of the aforementioned parts of my body, some more than others, during the course of a day: what's the difference other than the irrational --- "Ohhh gross, he's getting Pee-Pee oil and Pee-Pee germs all over me" --- fear. Even if urine wasn't sterile, it's not like we play "redirect the stream" with our hands every time we go. That kind of horse play is for camping trips.

If I'm using a public bathroom that ain't hands free it's straight out the door, past the sinks, I go. Public Bathrooms are filthy outhouses lined with a thin fecal wall treatment; they're disgusting way beyond any normal hand to Pee-Pee contact.

But I do respect your opinions, and hope one day to give you both a firm hand shake after I've been drinking beer for eight hours.
evil_smiley.gif

handshake.gif

If you take away anything from this post, and I hope you do, it should be to avoid shaking hands with male campers.

ok samgo, time for some learnin.

from about your belly-button down to your taint, that whole area, including your pee-pee and boo-boo, is covered in bacteria. think of your skin as an english muffin, full of nooks and crannies. when you wash, the bacteria on the surface is washed off, but the bacteria in the nooks and crannies is not. no amount of cleaning will remove all the bacteria.

so when you touch your "clean" pee-pee, the bacteria that was not washed away sticks to your fingers, which is then transferred to the urinal lever. at which point everyone else's bacteria who used the urinal gets on your fingers.

this bacteria can give you a number of health problems, including infectious diarreah, cold and flu, etc. also, you could be making other people sick with your body's bacteria transferred by handshake, doorknob, etc.

so wash your hands, okay?
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #118 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok samgo, time for some learnin.
from about your belly-button down to your taint, that whole area, including your pee-pee and boo-boo, is covered in bacteria.

If "boo-boo" is not added to your title immediately, I will not sleep until it is.

Quote:

think of your skin as an english muffin...

Too late, I was doing that way before you posted.

Quote:

...full of nooks and crannies. when you wash, the bacteria on the surface is washed off, but the bacteria in the nooks and crannies is not. no amount of cleaning will remove all the bacteria.

so when you touch your "clean" pee-pee, the bacteria that was not washed away sticks to your fingers, which is then transferred to the urinal lever. at which point everyone else's bacteria who used the urinal gets on your fingers.

Exactly the reason I use my foot to flush!

Quote:

this bacteria can give you a number of health problems, including infectious diarreah, cold and flu, etc. also, you could be making other people sick with your body's bacteria transferred by handshake, doorknob, etc.

No way Shifty, the body's normal external fauna can't give you nothin' but the hebie jebies.

Quote:

so wash your hands, okay?
tongue.gif

NEVER!

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #119 of 171
Quote:

snip

NEVER!

pretty please with sugar on top?

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #120 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pretty please with sugar on top?

Fine. At home and places I'm confident are clean, but that's it.

For what it's worth, I always wash up after any boo-boo activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back