Biggest bang-for-the-buck tweaks!!!
Mar 2, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaN227

When taking a shower, simply turn your head so to angle your ear up, to face the direct stream of water so u can feel it inside your canal, for .... oh, 30 seconds or so for each ear. Q-tips filled with... er wax will be a thing of the past. lol its like Q-tips are more for ear drying then cleaning.
wink.gif

Free
Fast
Feels Good

That's what I've been doing for years. I sometimes have water stay in one ear for a few minutes until I tilt my head but no big deal most times. I never see wax and I use Q-tips to dry them and I insert them as deep as possible into the outer canal.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaN227 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not a tweak I guess, but I felt compelled to add something on the ears and cleaning them. there is no need to pay a doctor to do it and/or buy those cleaning kits. here is why , and I swear by this.

My "DOC" on my first ship, passed on this tidbit to me and you'll be amazed how simple it is to do and how well it works. Don't believe me try it yourself. You will be thanking me for it.

When taking a shower, simply turn your head so to angle your ear up, to face the direct stream of water so u can feel it inside your canal, for .... oh, 30 seconds or so for each ear. Q-tips filled with... er wax will be a thing of the past. lol its like Q-tips are more for ear drying then cleaning.
wink.gif

Free
Fast
Feels Good

Oh cool, I am definitely trying that.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulllaser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best tweaks to enhance sound:

1. For speaker systems, 50% of the ultimate dound will be due to your listening enviornment acoustics. Devote effort to improving room acoustics. Doesn't have to be very expensive. Has to be something. Here's a good start: http://www.realtraps.com/

2. Vibration isolation under just about everything you can get it under. K Works Iso Feet are the most cost effective solution: Call Igor at K Works: 973-334-2908.

3. Clean power. What you get from the outlet is definately NOT clean. Many to choose from. My choices are PS Audio PS 300 and K Works Power Station. Couldn't listen without them now. Makes speed control with vinyl a snap!

4. Clean contacts.

5. Good quality interconnects and cables.

I used to be a skeptic until our New Jersey Audio Society had various demonstrations to show the differences with various implementations of the above. They make an audible difference.

lambda.gif

I too can't say enough about K Works Isofeet, they have transformed both my own and a friends system, adding detail and focus and in the case of one turntable-smoothness. Igor can be emailed at: gorkuz@yahoo.com

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #35 of 38
I replaced the cheap and loose wall outlet that that my system was plugged into with a high-quality hospital grade wall outlet.
Outlet-front1.jpg

It grips the power cable plug blades VERY tightly, resulting in optimal contact and current flow. I got mine at Home Depot for around $10. Do a Google search on how to do it. It is quite easy. Call an electrician if you are not comfortable.

I put around 2 pounds of Dynamat Xtreme on all the inside surfaces of my CD player. This greatly increases the mass damping the chassis. The Dynamat was left over from a car stereo install I did.

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brass balls also work well, I use 1" polished brass balls that thread onto the bottom of my speakers in place of the feet/spikes. I like my oak floors. Found many to choose from at: http://www.mouser.com they've really got balls!
icon10.gif

Thanks for the tip! Do you have a part number or what are they officially called, I can't seem to find it on their site

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #37 of 38
Here's the only tweaks I use anymore:

1) Speaker placement

2) Graphic & parametric equalizer

3) Measurement microphone for setting up said equalizer (either on the equalizer itself for initial auto-adjustments, or through the PC for frequency response plots)

I'm not big into "room treatments", and in fact actually moved my listening position further back to get more reflections, not less.

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listens2tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too can't say enough about K Works Isofeet, they have transformed both my own and a friends system, adding detail and focus and in the case of one turntable-smoothness. Igor can be emailed at: gorkuz@yahoo.com

Can you describe basically what these are and what price range?

Cones, roller bearings, air suspension, soft rubber etc????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back