Biggest Apple Fanboy?
Mar 28, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That boy needs something and it aint a laptop!!!

A Dell?
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #17 of 42
When I got my sweet new laptop I was excited, but it wasn't exactly what I would describe as being an earth-shattering moment (it's just a computer). First Grados, first good DAC, first amp... those are earth-shattering moments. Or, "Oh jeez" moments.

EDIT: I still didn't say "Oh jeez."

Mar 28, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

482589362_aa67cec479.jpg

eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Dell?
tongue.gif

This is the kind of Apple that boy needs! Dell make one too?

Should we send him a link to this thread?...LOL

Mar 28, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't call him an "Apple Fanboy." It sounds like this is his first ever Mac. He's moving from Ubuntu.

It was funnier, watching this after reading this...lol.

Mar 28, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #20 of 42
That guy needs to run instead of obsessing with it
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #21 of 42
Just a young kid who probably saved for a long time before he could buy the laptop, and read everything there was to read about it, etc. I also think that a lot of it is just him play acting for the camera.

If you read some of the "new toy" threads on Head-Fi, they're not far off! We get to see jumbo pics of the FedEx truck outside to the house, then pics of the outer box, the inner box, all of the packaging materials, all of the accessories, and then the product itself (headphones or amp) from every possible angle.

But this is just enthusiasm for life, and while one person may get all excited about a new laptop, another person may not even get that excited when they get a new car or even a house.

It's all really a matter of perspective, and yet sometimes I think it's pretty cool when I can actually lose my perspective about something silly like this! It didn't happen when I got my Macbook Pro but maybe something else will get me excited again!

I think tomorrow might be one such day. Don't ask me why, but I'm finally getting a chipped tooth fixed after 35 years. It's not badly chipped, but it's one of my top front teeth. I was 10 years old and riding my bike, looking down at the pedals as I was spinning them with my foot... when suddenly my bike and my tooth made direct and forceful contact with Richard Gardner's grandma's car!

She always came to see them on Saturdays, so I should have known that old beater would be parked there. Bang!!! I went flying headfirst into her rear bumper (one of those old fashioned big chrome bumpers). My brother found the loose piece of enamel and brought it home. We figured the dentist could glue it back on!

He said I'd have to wait until I was 17 and my teeth were fully grown. Of course that seemed like an eternity to a 10 year old, and as my tooth grew the chip seemed smaller and smaller. So it just became a part of me and I never gave it another thought until last year when my (now former, as is always the case, eventually) girlfriend asked me why I never got it fixed.

Hmmm... good question. Guess it never mattered that much. So tomorrow is the day. I've done quite a bit of dental work these past couple of months, pulling out old silver fillings and replacing them with that modern dentistry white stuff. It's so much nicer! They did an overall "Zoom" whitening which has helped as well, but the chipped tooth still remains. At least for a couple more hours...

Maybe I'll do a YouTube video of the before and after and a lot of "Wow! Ohhh, geee, I can't believe it!" types of comments.

Should be fun... but come to think of it, no video. You've gotta have a little dignity!

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*snip*

Congrats!

Oh an please brush!

I had a friend who had his two front teeth chipped and the replacements didn't match the original because he didn't brush often- so it was like a yellow upper half and a white bottom.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think tomorrow might be one such day. Don't ask me why, but I'm finally getting a chipped tooth fixed after 35 years. It's not badly chipped, but it's one of my top front teeth. I was 10 years old and riding my bike, looking down at the pedals as I was spinning them with my foot... when suddenly my bike and my tooth made direct and forceful contact with Richard Gardner's grandma's car!

Wow, at exactly the same age, 10 - I was 'persuaded' by my 15-yr-old brother to play cops and robbers on our bikes. Somehow, I was designated as the robber, and was chased like a maniac through the back alleys for about half an hour until he finally crashed into the side of my bike (while trying to 'capture' me) and I ended up face down on the concrete with a chipped front molar! The dentist didn't want to crown it until I was 16, so I had to wait 6 years to get it fixed.
Strangely enough, I'd got used to the 'chip' and was quite sad to see it go
confused.gif

And a year later he whacked me in the face with a golf club and broke my nose. He claims he didn't see me standing behind him, but I know he was just trying to get rid of his little sister. . . again!!

P.S. Good luck, and be sure to take photos of you leaving the house, arriving at the dentist, leaving the dentist, arriving back at the house, and oh yeah, the tooth!!

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #28 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, at exactly the same age, 10 - I was 'persuaded' by my 15-yr-old brother to play cops and robbers on our bikes. Somehow, I was designated as the robber, and was chased like a maniac through the back alleys for about half an hour until he finally crashed into the side of my bike (while trying to 'capture' me) and I ended up face down on the concrete with a chipped front molar! The dentist didn't want to crown it until I was 16, so I had to wait 6 years to get it fixed.
Strangely enough, I'd got used to the 'chip' and was quite sad to see it go
confused.gif

And a year later he whacked me in the face with a golf club and broke my nose. He claims he didn't see me standing behind him, but I know he was just trying to get rid of his little sister. . . again!!

P.S. Good luck, and be sure to take photos of you leaving the house, arriving at the dentist, leaving the dentist, arriving back at the house, and oh yeah, the tooth!!

Sounds like your brother needs a good beating.

Mar 29, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #30 of 42
I'm actually jealous of that kid. I drove 30 miles to my "local" Apple store and walked around the other day. It was sad. The thrill was gone. All the macbooks, iPods, monitors. Well, zzzzzzz. I've been looking at mac products for years and years and now they're so much a part of the culture, their sleek designs don't look any more exciting than a grey steel tower. I went to the Apple store to feel a little of the old magic, but I'm just jaded now, having used macs for 18 years.

I remember the MAGIC of plugging in my first SE and taking the tutorial. It was heaven!! Pure magic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back