Bigfoot Found?
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember the story being that he had been shot in the hand. If it was his shooting hand he might have been permanently disabled, at least so far as being able to qualify with his firearm which probably would have ended his career anyway. So this might have been a move of pure desperation to get something else going so he could pay his bills. Not that any excuses will help him when he gets judged if he did commit fraud.

There was a very brave LEO in Phoenix who was horribly burned when his cruiser burned shortly after he joined the force. Jason Schecterle went back on the force and rose to be a homicide cop but finally retired at least partially since he couldn't qualify with his firearm. They would have to assign another armed officer to go with him everywhere on duty since he couldn't.

Anyway, I suppose this might have been the guy's bright thought to avoid a similar retirement...
eek.gif
If so, it's good he's gone, with that judgment, he shouldn't be in the profession.

My Way News - Researcher says bigfoot just a rubber gorilla suit

"Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words," Whitton said at the time.

Phone calls to Whitton and Dyer went unreturned on Tuesday. But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line - which proclaims they search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster - has been updated and announcing they're also in search of "big cats and dinosaurs. If you see any of those, give us a call."

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

"Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity," Turner said. "He has violated the duty of a police officer."

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

"Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity," Turner said. "He has violated the duty of a police officer."

Welcome to GenPop, for your listening pleasure we have the banjo theme from Deliverance...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back