Big Rev to HeadRoom Home Page
Mar 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #17 of 73
looks great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #20 of 73
I like how easy it is to get to things and it looks good, but I also feel like it's a little busy. Maybe I just have to get used to it, but I've always liked the straight-forward, somewhat minimalist design of HR's products, and I think the website reflected that to some extent. Perhaps there's a way to streamline the landing page slightly. Regardless, definitely a step forward because it probably is more interesting now to a new visitor.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #25 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowmark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Job Tyll !!!!

I need to mention this was a real team effort, in fact, I just did the writing for some of the new pages that had to be built. Ivy deserves the big cudos on the look; and Matt deserves a big hand for all the coding it took to make it look like Ivy's mock-ups. Jorge did some writing, too, and edited my copy, and made sure we were featuring a good selection of cans in the right places. And the new boss, Travis, really deserves a hand for guiding the whole process without distraction.

Glad you guys like it. I'm curious about the statistics; that'll have to wait til Monday when Ivy's got a chance to compare it to the old front page.

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #26 of 73
I spent a lot of time (and had a lot of fun) on the old site just learning and comparing - it was one of the first sites introducing me to this hobby and it's a constant reference source for me. That said, from a quick look around, I think I might be spending twice as much time on the new site. Wow - lots of cool stuff going on, and I'm looking forward to reading the new copy and knocking around in there. Congrats on a great looking revamp!

(One little glitch I noticed though - the link to the HD280's under "HeadRoom's Top Picks" takes you to the HD212 page.)

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #27 of 73
I <3 HeadRoom even more now. :-D

Now wheres that mp3 player with a built in SQ oriented amp? No more Lance Armstrong bands and mini interconnects! Down with them! Bahhh! I want a single unit! :p

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #28 of 73
It's still growing on me.

Tyll, I've always loved the photos of the phones. You guys always know the right shots to get. I think it would be pretty cool if you could do one of those 3D turn the phones around with your mouse things. Is that possible?

Mar 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #29 of 73
Overall: Nicely done. As a regular to the site, I was a bit confused until I found the Headroom Electronics bar at the lower left which is very handy. (The Portable Systems and Desktop Systems seem to be dead links though.)

What strikes me is that there is emphasis on the Total Bithead when one first visits the home page. That is not the component that defines Headroom for me but it may be a practical decision in today's economy.

BTW is that friendly face at the top right Jorge?

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #30 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What strikes me is that there is emphasis on the Total Bithead when one first visits the home page. That is not the component that defines Headroom for me but it may be a practical decision in today's economy.

I think the BitHead is everything HeadRoom. It defined a new kind of portable amp with DAC, is inexpensive, elegant, simple and has HeadRoom crossfeed.

I am biased of course as it's the first amp I bought. I suspect it is the first amp many people bought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back