Big Rev to HeadRoom Home Page
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #31 of 73
I found a bug! Tiny one though:

Quote:

If you already have some headphones and you spent more than $100 on them, then you may want to consider an amp. A simple headphone amp like our Total AirHead or Total BitHead will help you get your money’s worth from your cans, and is an affordable entry to all the benefits of owning a headphone amp .

Note that the "Total Airhead" link doesn't include the "T".

The rest looks fantastic though.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #32 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the BitHead is everything HeadRoom. It defined a new kind of portable amp with DAC, is inexpensive, elegant, simple and has HeadRoom crossfeed.

I am biased of course as it's the first amp I bought. I suspect it is the first amp many people bought...

Including me. But, speaking personally, it is the MicroDAC that fires my enthusiasm for Headroom and motivates me to recommend Headroom to others.

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #33 of 73
I'm liking the new site layout. However, I also loved the old site layout as well. One thing that particularly sticks out:

Initial Impressions - Having your "mission statement" on the homepage really drew me in, as I'm sure it did for many others. Reading it gave me an immediate feel for what HR is about, and for. I appreciated that direct, honest approach given to me right off the bat. It felt like I was dealing with real audiophiles rather than just a "company".

Now, newcomers to the site will see windows listing products and links, but they will likely know nothing about Headroom. In my opinion, the homepage is more efficient and visually striking, but also a bit sterile.
Perhaps it doesn't really matter, since once you delve into the site you immediately warm up to HR. Yet, I feel that that "initial impression" should hit newcomers (and those who just accidentally stumble onto the site) immediately.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #34 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Including me. But, speaking personally, it is the MicroDAC that fires my enthusiasm for Headroom and motivates me to recommend Headroom to others.

The whole stack is fantastic. And if you think the micro is fantastic, the Ultra Mircro is, well, fantastic-er.
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #35 of 73
The HomePage is a lot better than it was before. It's more appealing and more informative.

The various categories of products are prominently and nicely presented. Someone mentioned that the Bithead seems to be highlighted, but I don't see this as being the case.

The overall site is a nice upgrade to its predecessor.

Mar 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #36 of 73
you need make the front/home page changes/format/template/UI carry over to all pages it's a confusing experience for the customer when the options change after choosing something from the home page

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you need make the front/home page changes/format/template/UI carry over to all pages it's a confusing experience for the customer when the options change after choosing something from the home page

Hello,

We're working on unifying the template & look of the entire HeadRoom website this very second. It's highly likely we'll be ironing out some further details for a while.
redface.gif

Thanks everybody for the comments AND for your patience!
wink.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #38 of 73
I agree with Huuvola that the Headroom site feels like passionate audiophiles and real people, a warm feeling indeed. Hope to be getting some ATH-FC700ABKs really soon! Keep up the good work that has us coming back for more.
Kevin

Mar 12, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #39 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

We're working on unifying the template & look of the entire HeadRoom website this very second. It's highly likely we'll be ironing out some further details for a while.
redface.gif

Thanks everybody for the comments AND for your patience!
wink.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Sweet just thought I'd comment not that I'd get confused since I know what your old page looked like but for those new customers that you're hoping to capture
wink_face.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #40 of 73
Looks awesome!

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #41 of 73
I just found a bit of bug- under your recommended headphones, the link for the Sennheiser HD280 pro links to the HD 212.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #42 of 73
I feel that to a first time visitor, the website has too much information plastered all over the place. In fact, I sort of liked the simple, homey, no frills presentation of the previous one.

I'm clicking much more furiously on the new page, that's for sure.

Also, generic faces kind of takes away from the personality of the webpage (unless of course, that's one of your staff).

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #43 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, generic faces kind of takes away from the personality of the webpage (unless of course, that's one of your staff).

....Hey, that IS our own Jeremy from HeadRoom Sales/Service Dept on the homepage. He's a strapping friendly galoot who, er, "unknowingly volunteered" for the gig. And one of our most knowledgeable & helpful experts.
tongue.gif

Obviously, Jeremy's future in male modeling is wide open.
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #44 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....Hey, that IS our own Jeremy from HeadRoom Sales/Service Dept on the homepage. He's a strapping friendly galoot who, er, "unknowingly volunteered" for the gig. And one of our most knowledgeable & helpful experts.
tongue.gif

Obviously, Jeremy's future in male modeling is wide open.
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

One would ask given that Tyll is one of Headrooms bigger assest why he face is not featured? Not pretty enought?
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #45 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll is one of Headrooms bigger assest ...

No question, Tyll is indeed one very HUGE assest (sic).
very_evil_smiley.gif

wink_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/ Service Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back