Big Platform Upgrades Coming to Head-Fi Very Soon!
May 6, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #121 of 159

Quote:
Is anyone else having trouble editing their sig? The editor wouldn't save links or certain line breaks for me. I tried in both Firefox and Iexplore.

Other than that, liking the new fresh look.

I think links in the sig were disabled in the platform by default.  Look for that to be turned back on sometime soon (not sure exactly when, but sooner than later).

May 6, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #122 of 159

Quote:
Is anyone else having trouble editing their sig? The editor wouldn't save links or certain line breaks for me. I tried in both Firefox and Iexplore.

Other than that, liking the new fresh look.

While the team works out the issue, you can edit the signature and click the "source" button.  This will show your signature HTML.  Simply add "<br>" (without quotes) where you want each line break. 

I'll do further testing, but I haven't had any issues with adding links to signatures. 

May 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #124 of 159

Quote:
On the bad: The ignore list seems to be gone. I don't like the new look and I can't find the "new posts" button. Also the site is now CRIPPLINGLY slow on the iphone.

On the good: Some of the people I ignored have had their stupid huge sigs cut. The look will probably grow on me and theres these wiki features and such.

The whole "head gear" section is a total joke at the minute. One presumes that will change over time. I only hope that it changes in a way which makes it less like an amazon.com shopping list.

Ignore lists aren't gone. Apologies if any of your existing ignores went missing. Just go to the profile of the user you would like to ignore and you'll see a button to "Add to ignore list". You'll be able to manage this from your Account Details section on your profile in case you ever want to remove people from your ignore list

Regarding the product database:  I know.  There's a lot of work to be done there, and I've already started.  It should take much better shape rather quickly.

May 6, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #125 of 159
Quote:
While the team works out the issue, you can edit the signature and click the "source" button.  This will show your signature HTML.  Simply add "<br>" (without quotes) where you want each line break.  
I'll do further testing, but I haven't had any issues with adding links to signatures. 

Yep, tried the source option and using <br>, <p>, and html links to no avail. I'd wonder if it's exclusive to me but earthpeople seems to have the same problem as well.

May 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #126 of 159
I'm really digging the new site, it looks excellent and is extremely slick.. great job to everyone involved!  Agreed about the white though, its a little hard on the eyes especially in a darkened room.

May 6, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #127 of 159
My avatar used to be square now it is oblong... also, my signature has been truncated and when I edit it back to the original it is not accepted.... also, the advanced search page is WAY to long... scroll forever... can't all the options be on ONE page that doesn't need scrolling????

Edit: Also, when I search on my username this post doesn't show up. Also, what happened to the username list that used to drop down as you typed a username... that was handy before!

May 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #128 of 159
The new site looks pretty good, but it's pretty white. Almost too white, but not that much of a problem.

May 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #129 of 159
In advanced search, the "hot zones" for selecting "entire site" or "posts only" could be larger.... not just the tiny radio button... hot zones should include the words also.

May 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #130 of 159
The transition was done smoothly, I'm not too much disoriented. Is there any way to disable the right panel with tags, review, etc.? It takes almost the third of my MacBook screen and it's not stuff I'm really interested in, the discussion is where the meat of the forum really is.

May 6, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #131 of 159
Not sure I understand the utility of "reply" vs "advanced reply"

May 6, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #133 of 159
to Jude or moderators,

what's the new situation in regards to mailbox? do we still have the same mail limit? or has it been increased? 
I no longer see "your mailbox is 97% full" note 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #134 of 159

Quote:
My avatar used to be square now it is oblong... also, my signature has been truncated and when I edit it back to the original it is not accepted.... also, the advanced search page is WAY to long... scroll forever... can't all the options be on ONE page that doesn't need scrolling????

Edit: Also, when I search on my username this post doesn't show up. Also, what happened to the username list that used to drop down as you typed a username... that was handy before!

Feel free to upload a new version of your avatar any time. You can do that from the My Profile page.

In terms of the search for your post, the search index is still running so the indexing of new posts will likely take a little while to catch up but it should be finished in not too long.

The autocomplete user list is gone but we're still working on ways to help users browse for other people so keep an eye out for lots of new stuff in the months to come.

Thanks for the feedback on the Advanced Search form! Noted on usability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back