Big Platform Upgrades Coming to Head-Fi Very Soon!
May 5, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #106 of 159
Subscriptions can now be found when you're logged in on the home page. The goal here was to make them even more accessible. When you're viewing the home page, take a look at the activity stream (the Recent Head-Fi Activity section). You can toggle on the Subscriptions Only button.

For the time being, things will be a little off because the activity stream builder is still running (one of those processes I mentioned earlier that's still running). It's a lot of data to get through; but in the next 24 hours, things will be looking a lot better and your subscriptions should appear in reverse chronological order based on last post date.

May 5, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #107 of 159
Excellent!!

May 5, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #109 of 159

Quote:
Great stuff.  Everything is much neater now, and we finally don't have to deal with that final page bug that's plagued the big topics.  Everything seems more convenient now too.  I just have to get used to all the white used in the design though... there's much more white areas than what I'm used to...  *_*

agreed on the white part...will have sore eyes on those long head-fi sessions 
blink.gif

May 5, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #110 of 159
It does look nice so far. I don't really like the white spaces in the right with the text box being so small but it's something I'll get used to eventually along with the rest of the changes I guess.

May 5, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #111 of 159
Yes, there's more white than I'm used to, too.  Let's let it ride for a while.  If need be, a bit of color might be able to be added (so that it's not necessarily pure white).

Quote:
agreed on the white part...will have sore eyes on those long head-fi sessions 
blink.gif

May 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #112 of 159
Wow, we're online again. Gonna check this more out the next days to find out what's so great about this and which things may do not. Btw the maintenance page was just awesome. xD
Thanks Jude!

May 5, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #113 of 159
Cool!

Jude - when you get a chance - get in touch with me. :)

I know you're a busy guy.

May 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #116 of 159

Quote:
....Also, quoting this was trippy as hell. Quoting from something at the top of a large page now quickly drags you down to the bottom rather than instantly appearing on another page. That's going to be hard to get used to!

No worries.  If you don't like getting pulled down to the "quick reply" box, you can change that to always go to a new page for your reply (like when you hit the quote button).

1. Click "My Profile"
  2. From there, click "Edit Account Details"
  3. Take a look at the bottom for your Forum Preferences
  4. Check the box which says "Default to full page editor"

When you have that turned on, if you hit the button to quote a post, a new page will load with a larger editor and the quote embedded there. You'll always have the option to use the quick reply though at the end of a thread. This will only apply when you quote or click a "reply" button on a post.

May 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #117 of 159
so far i'm enjoying finding out new things about the site. 
thanks for all the hard work to those who made it possible!
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #118 of 159

Quote:
The one problem I have is the lack of the "jump to page" thing....

The "jump to page" thing is gone but you can actually go right to the first new post to you if you click the icon to the left of a thread name which looks like this:

That will show up in color when there's new content since your last visit to the thread and will take you to that first post you haven't seen. Also, when you've posted to a thread, you'll also see an additional bit of thread navigation which will take you to your last post in the thread.

May 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #119 of 159
Quote:
Click the single quote.  It should jump you to the reply box with the quote already placed.  The multi-quote boxes are for selecting multiple messages to quote.

yes, but I wanted to quote you and edit my existing post...I should have clicked on "source" and cut/paste the HTML code I guess.

May 6, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #120 of 159
On the bad: The ignore list seems to be gone. I don't like the new look and I can't find the "new posts" button. Also the site is now CRIPPLINGLY slow on the iphone.

On the good: Some of the people I ignored have had their stupid huge sigs cut. The look will probably grow on me and theres these wiki features and such.

The whole "head gear" section is a total joke at the minute. One presumes that will change over time. I only hope that it changes in a way which makes it less like an amazon.com shopping list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back