Big help needed finding "non in-ear earbuds" for gaming, movies and music
Feb 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Gentle Pro

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I believe that my request is a bit unorthodox, but here's where I'm coming from:

I consume a lot of media everyday, mostly games and movies/series with some music every now and then. The problem I have is that headphones/headsets and in-ear earplugs will simply hurt my ears, my ears are just too sensitive I can't do anything about it.

So the only solution I found is to use good old fashion earplugs that don't go inside the ear like the jaybirds and all the recent earplugs seem to do, something shaped like the Apple Air Pods for instance. I'm currently using some Samsung standard earplugs that came with my Galaxy S7 Edge and the sound quality is lacking to say the least.

So I'm looking for a good sounding pair of earplugs, let's say sub $150 that have a decent sound stage, preferably with a microphone but I'm open to suggestions of earplugs without a microphone if the pair is really good, basically anything that would be enjoyable for gaming and media consumption.

I appreciate any help I can receive because quite honestly I can't seem to find any decent pair worth buying over the cheap $10 earplugs I come across on Amazon.

Kinds regards.

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 11
What you are looking for is something like the Yuin PK1. Haven’t heard them myself but they are well regarded. For me those types hurt my ears.

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #5 of 11
What you are looking for is something like the Yuin PK1. Haven’t heard them myself but they are well regarded. For me those types hurt my ears.

Yeah that's exactly the shape I'm looking for. Unfortunately the Yuin don't seem to be available in my region (Paris, France), but if someone can think of any similarly shaped well regarded earbuds please don't hesitate in chiming in.

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 11
You might also like something like the Koss Porta Pro, are you familiar with it?

I'm afraid my ears are equally as sensitive to on-ear headphones as they are to over-ear solutions, I appreciate the suggestion though.

I knew that what I'm looking for isn't very popular nowadays but I still figured that I would have more available options to choose from...

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 11
I have heard the Edifier 180, VE Monk Plus, and the excellent Shozy Cygnus. The Yuin is also good. I like them all but prefer the Shozy. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible you might find one in Paris if you look hard enough. You might check also aliexpress and see what is there..

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #11 of 11
I have heard the Edifier 180, VE Monk Plus, and the excellent Shozy Cygnus. The Yuin is also good. I like them all but prefer the Shozy. Maybe read about them and see what you think. It is possible you might find one in Paris if you look hard enough. You might check also aliexpress and see what is there..

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I'm gonna look further into the different earbuds you mentioned.

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back