Big Four of the Audio World
May 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

zach8278

New Head-Fier
So, the Big Four is usually associated with metal music, as far as i know. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax. All of them are good, but they are not the best. Listed below are, in my opinion, the 4 best audio companies in the world based on reputation, and the amount of products they have put out.  

• Sennheiser
  • Audio-Technica
  • AKG
  • Shure

Do you agree?

May 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 24
There are many audio companies in the world, a good one is Audio Research, they are based in Plymouth, Minnesota. They have been making high-end audio equipment since 1970 and can still service all the equipment that they have ever made. I don't know of any audio equipment manufacturer that can do that today.

Because of that, their products have retain their value, just look at the price of a used ARC SP-10 preamp.

May 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 24
I honestly think Beyer would likely be in that list.

May 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #8 of 24
  Yes, seriously.  It's well known that those 4 metal bands are called 'The Big Four' of metal.

But the OP didn't specify genre, it seemed like he was talking about all music in general :p 

May 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #13 of 24
The big three are Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven.

Traditionally, you have: the Austro-Germans (AKG, Beyer, Senn) and the Japanese (AT, Stax, Sony, Yamaha).

I suppose one can add the Americans (Grado and the rest).

May 26, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #15 of 24
I have a huge tendency of not thinking before i do things. I will do my best in the future to post stuff that actually makes sense to both me, and the rest of the head-fi community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back