big bass from an earphone?
Jul 12, 2007 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Turner_Brown

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my cx300's again. I once tried the E4c's but quickly sent them back because of a lack of low end (yes, I had a good fit). I loved the fit of the E4c's though. I will not be using these for critical listening. Some must haves are:
Tight fit (love foamies)
Big bass
Lots of noise reductuion
At least somewhat decent sound

Anyone got any ideas?

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
budget?

I'd rather not go over $250

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 9
in my experience, if you want "big bass", i'd recommend the super.fi 5 pro's hands down, if you want punchy, defined bass that doesn't sound all muddled. the sound isolation depatrment could use improvement, but that may depend on what tips you use, and also how you use them (standard way, or modified way)

Jul 12, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 9
X2 for Super Fi 5 Pro.

The Super Fi 5 EB have even more bass, but most say it is too much.

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

agreed, those earphones really overdo the bass, and besides for not sounding as clear as the bass from the 5 pro's, it tends to drown out other sounds. the clarity and overall tone of the EB is quite different in the mid and high ranges as well; there's no contest there that the EBs fall short, probably due to its usage of 1 dynamic driver and 1 armature driver, as opposed to the 5 pro's two armatures

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

X2 for Super Fi 5 Pro.

I was wondering if your impressions between the Super Fi's and the Atrios have changed some over time, and how so? I'm mainly just curious b/c I respect your opinions and I initially had a tough time deciding between the Atrios and the Super Fi's. Either way, I'm still VERY happy with my Atrios.
cool.gif

Quote:

Future Sonics Atrio Series, Model M5 Review

...Bass
A strength and reference at this level. The bass on the M5’s is strong and goes deep but flat with good pitch definition. The bass does not overwhelm the midrange, which is where most of the music resides. No bass overhang here....

....COMPARISONS
I would place the M5’s better than the UE Super.fi 5 Pro’s in terms of neutrality as the M5’s have bass that just sounds right. They are closer to the Shure E500/SE530 in terms of balance....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back