Bicycle-Fi!
May 7, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #2,446 of 4,419
Quote:

Black will always be in fashion with me.

The only think more fashionable than black, is stealth. which is just black, with extra black here, there, and everywhere :D

May 7, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #2,447 of 4,419
Quote:
These builders are Basicly saying that all the carbon frames by all the major manufactures are made in China anyway? It seems there may be venders where you may be able to source a quality carbon frame.

Most of the major bike companies import their frames. It's even true for Colnago.

Now there are exceptions to this rule :

May 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #2,450 of 4,419
May 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,451 of 4,419
Quote:
For anyone that downhills or is interested in riding Keystone. 
I dug up this video that my buddy and I made when we lived in Keystone a few years ago ... Wow I had long hair.

Recommend mountain biking?

May 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2,452 of 4,419
Quote:
Recommend mountain biking?

If you live in Colorado (or might be passing though) and like to downhill Keystone or Winter Park are are the best lift accessed places in CO IMO.  If you are more interested in XC then I might suggest Vail or Breckenridge; however, non-lift accessed  bike trails might be just as suitable (and are usually free).  

If you have never downhilled (DH) before you can usually rent gear to try it out; however, in my experiences DH has a steep learning curve and might not be very much fun for a beginner especially if they don't have much experience in trail riding.  I've had friends that have been riding XC and dirt jumps their entire lives come out and think that DH at Keystone is too gnarly for them. I love it, but I've heard lots of people that DH say that there is something wrong with everyone that loves DH.

May 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #2,454 of 4,419
Quote:
I was wondering. 

Have any of you guys ever heard of, bought from, or rode, a bike from Hammerhead Bikes?

I have a vested interest you see, the founder, Charles, is my dad.

Cool bikes dude! Inside info man, ride impressions etc!

May 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,455 of 4,419
So Pigmode, 

How's that Serotta?

May 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #2,456 of 4,419
So, the singlespeed project is now painted although not hugely well (it was done in sketchy weather, with spray cans, and the primer and lacquer seemed to no like each other (my friend who is a painter came to help me and was baffled by the whole thing. We got an ok result in the end. The bike is now back together, I just need to buy a saddle, some tires and a chain tensioner. and It'll be good to go. The owner of the local bike store tolde me (after showing it to him, and getting the bb fitted (I cross threaded the plastic cup trying very carefully to do it myself... ) That I must name it Bob, (black on black) it's not stealth by any means,  but we'll see.

May 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #2,457 of 4,419
Quote:
So, the singlespeed project is now painted although not hugely well (it was done in sketchy weather, with spray cans, and the primer and lacquer seemed to no like each other (my friend who is a painter came to help me and was baffled by the whole thing. We got an ok result in the end. The bike is now back together, I just need to buy a saddle, some tires and a chain tensioner. and It'll be good to go. The owner of the local bike store tolde me (after showing it to him, and getting the bb fitted (I cross threaded the plastic cup trying very carefully to do it myself... ) That I must name it Bob, (black on black) it's not stealth by any means,  but we'll see.

Pics or it didn't happen !

May 27, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #2,458 of 4,419
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen !

pics of the final product will happen, we didn't have a camera at my  work where we painted it though, so no pics of magic houdini paint :c

May 27, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #2,459 of 4,419
Quote:
pics of the final product will happen, we didn't have a camera at my  work where we painted it though, so no pics of magic houdini paint :c

popcorn.gif

May 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #2,460 of 4,419

Users who are viewing this thread

Back