Bicycle-Fi!
Aug 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,906 of 4,419
This mornings ride was 47km, 1hour50mintues, 25.6km/h average speed.
How is that as a ride? (taking into account that I'm riding a mtb on road, because it's all I've got at the moment)

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,908 of 4,419
Quote:
How is that as a ride? (taking into account that I'm riding a mtb on road, because it's all I've got at the moment)

Sounds like me, got an old nakahara mountainbike that I bought from a guy who had it standing outside for 10 years.I oiled up and changed pedals/breaks + removed the two lowest tier gears, (not to good a biketalk), it is still pretty tough to ride it far but darn it is rewarding when you gone like 50km and then get home and start chillaxin'
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #1,909 of 4,419
Quote:

It's twice what I can do. I've been riding for years, but I still can't do more than 25km per ride. And I do it in as much time as you do 47km. 
frown.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #1,910 of 4,419
Quote:
Quote:

It's twice what I can do. I've been riding for years, but I still can't do more than 25km per ride. And I do it in as much time as you do 47km. 
frown.gif

But that you still apply yourself counts... a lot!
beerchug.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #1,911 of 4,419
Yeah I stopped counting. When I go out for a ride these days I don't care about time and distances. I just try to enjoy the ride.

For example, on my last ride I suffered a spike in curiosity, which led me on trails that I have never rode before. And how glad I did! I found the BEST trail I've never rode on. It looked like a scene from LOTR. I was enjoying myself too much to stop and take a picture. Actually, I just remembered that I didn't even have my phone with me anyways... It's certain that I will go ride there again though, and I'll take pictures next time.

I also had to cross a highway to get there... Ever crossed a high way on a bicycle? Damn it's scary. It was the type of high way where the lanes are separated by a ditch, so I had to ride like hell and cross two lanes and 3 ditches. It's scary how fast cars come at you! I was actually shaking once at the other end. I think I'll avoid repeating this experience. Not fun.

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #1,912 of 4,419
Quote:
^ What is metric for 1 hr 50 min?

I hope that's a joke...
time is measured in hours/minutes/seconds everywhere in the world as far as I know...    0.o

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,915 of 4,419
I just bought a new bike for my commute.... a Specialized Sirrus.... I got it for 500 even... I hope it was a good buy it seems like a good bike. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,916 of 4,419
Quote:
Yeah I stopped counting. When I go out for a ride these days I don't care about time and distances. I just try to enjoy the ride.

For example, on my last ride I suffered a spike in curiosity, which led me on trails that I have never rode before. And how glad I did! I found the BEST trail I've never rode on. It looked like a scene from LOTR. I was enjoying myself too much to stop and take a picture. Actually, I just remembered that I didn't even have my phone with me anyways... It's certain that I will go ride there again though, and I'll take pictures next time.

I also had to cross a highway to get there... Ever crossed a high way on a bicycle? Damn it's scary. It was the type of high way where the lanes are separated by a ditch, so I had to ride like hell and cross two lanes and 3 ditches. It's scary how fast cars come at you! I was actually shaking once at the other end. I think I'll avoid repeating this experience. Not fun.

You should try mountain biking here in NZ. You really will be biking in a scene from LOTR in a number of places.

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,917 of 4,419
Quote:
You should try mountain biking here in NZ. You really will be biking in a scene from LOTR in a number of places.

Road cycling in NZ isn't so great (well none of the roads around me at least), the roads are nice and quiet, but the surfaces aren't great and the drivers are pretty crap at giving cyclists room and not cutting them off at junctions.
Anyway, decided to go for a ride to the beach today as I had a day off school. I didn't realise just how many and how steep the hills were to get there o.O
61km though, feels good :]

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #1,918 of 4,419
Finished my Niner build.  The Geometry and monster brakes are going to take some time to get used to coming from my hard tail Niner.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #1,920 of 4,419
Yesterday morning, I was hit by a car while commuting with my bicycle. The driver never saw me, or if she did she didn't react. She just hit me and continued on. I had to stop her myself and show her that the back wheel of my bike was bent like a pretzel. I think she never saw my bike trough the traffic, and believed I was a pedestrian. She passed close behind me, hitting my back wheel.

I was too socked and frustrated to think about calling the police. She gave me her information and I have her car's licence plate number, so that she can pay for the damage to my bike. My bike is now at the shop where I bought it, and I'm waiting for them to call me with a price for the repairs, so that I can call the woman with the price. But now I'm starting to get paranoid... since I I don't have a police report, she could refuse to pay, and I'll have no recourse.

I suffered no physical injury, but emotionally, it's quite a shock. I still have the picture of her car coming straight at me to my Left. I'm trying not to think of what would have happened if she'd hit just a foot forward... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back