Bicycle-Fi!
Dec 5, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,681 of 4,419

Quote:
Quote:
^ Lucy. I really want their 340.

I had my carbon Specialized frame warranty replaced, when a kid came in the garage and started spinning the bike on the workstand like a top. It fell over, and the chainstay cracked longitudinally top and bottom for half its length. You could squeeze it like a rubber ducky.

They did a "courtesy" replacement free. ymWv 

So, I assume you squeezed that kid's neck like a rubber ducky too?

Lol, he was about 3 yo, and stared bawling when it fell. His mom probably could have done well with some verbal abuse, for letting her toddler roam next door completely unattended. I just let it go, accepting an apology. Of course I had no idea it was cracked, till that carbon splinter stuck into my hand. hahaha

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #1,682 of 4,419

Quote:
Waiting on a Lynskey Helix to come in... I'm still not sold on carbon fiber, though almost every bike has at least a fork, stem, or seatpost. It just seems too vulnerable to cracks from everyday handling. No argument that S-works (Venge?) is gorgeous, though. 

Most carbon now holds up very well to everyday usage. Both the materials used and techniques for bonding them have improved. Where they are still "weak" though is direct impact (actually hitting the frame, not things like potholes) and too much clamping force. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #1,683 of 4,419

Quote:
Bianchi lovers here? 

Gonna repair mine again next summer. Love its vintage look and smoothness.

Nice bikes. My brother has a late '80s Trofeo (IIRC), Columbus SL or SLX, Celeste, set up with Campy Record 10sp alloy. Reminds me, I need to get him to let me ride that sometime :)

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #1,684 of 4,419
^ I had an 86ish wine red Colnago Master, first with Super Record, then C-Record. C-Record was imo the most jewel-like gruppo Campy produced. It reflected the sun like chrome. The Master had proprietary manipulated Columbus main tubes. I *believe* SLX and SPX were the top Columbus tube sets at the time.

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #1,686 of 4,419
Thought this might be of some interest to everyone. We can land on the moon but don't even know how bicycles work?? Anyways glad to see some bike lovers on head-fi.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2011/04/18/gyroscopic-wheels-dont-keep-bikes-upright-back-to-the-drawing-board/

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #1,687 of 4,419

Quote:

I work at a Specialized shop and had the privilege of riding one and it's about the most refined bike I have ever ridden. This is coming from a S-ized S-Works Tarmac SL3 which I thought was the pinnacle of awesomeness, but this thing blew me away. Where it really excels is in the corners, it was like the bike was reading my mind, the handling is confidence inspiring!

...Plus it looks like about as close to a Mad Max bike as I've seen yet

Quote:
This is what I'd really like Santa to bring me.

tongue_smile.gif
  A picture may be worth a thousand words. But this pix is so striking, I wouldn't be able to verbalize any of them... and so I type.

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #1,692 of 4,419
Quote:
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7793/dsc00258m.jpg

Your so lucky you can go biking, and get a good hard sweat on. I miss the summer already, and its 35-45 degrees over here
mad.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,694 of 4,419

Quote:
Your so lucky you can go biking, and get a good hard sweat on. I miss the summer already, and its 35-45 degrees over here
mad.gif

I have warmth and sun here in Cali. But I got caught this month being, well, you know 
rolleyes.gif
.... don't make me say it...... ok, lazy! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #1,695 of 4,419
Quote:
I have warmth and sun here in Cali. But I got caught this month being, well, you know 
rolleyes.gif
.... don't make me say it...... ok, lazy! 
biggrin.gif

Hahaah... sometimes you get caught up in the day or just do feel lazy. Over this summer i did only about 1/4 biking and the rest i got a gym membership and was still ridding the bike. Two years ago i biked everyday in the summer, and even the bike in the gym doesn't compare to actual biking. Im telling myself for my birthday (16) in April i will be buying probably a Hybrid bike (road bike frame with mountain bike handlebars) and wont go to the gym as much as ill substitute biking. I might bike in the morning and go to the gym at night
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back