Bicycle-Fi!
Jul 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #587 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it isn't, you can get a quality full carbon bike for £1000. I also don't like aluminium forks, carbon and steel gives a far better ride.

Not here in the states most carbon bikes with semi decent comps start at 1600.

Forks carbon for sure but that is pretty much standard now.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #588 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, carbon bikes have only been around for like 15 years now. I'm sure the fad will pass any day now.
rolleyes.gif

Sorry didnt mean as a fad like a bad thing i ment like if you go to buy a Honda Civic you have to pay the fast and furrious tax on them because they are faddish. Just that they are still a bit overpriced due to the mass "OMGZ" of having a Carbon bike. Not hugely like 100% mark up but still too high of a mark up IMO.

The benefits of carbon are amazing don't get me wrong. If I won the lottery I'd be all over a full carbon bike.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #589 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No it isn't, you can get a quality full carbon bike for £1000. I also don't like aluminium forks, carbon and steel gives a far better ride.

Not here in the states most carbon bikes with semi decent comps start at 1600.

Forks carbon for sure but that is pretty much standard now.

Uh... exchange rate?

1000 gbp to usd - Bing

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #590 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh... exchange rate?

1000 gbp to usd - Bing

haha snap didnt realize it was 1.6 now. Few months ago when the exchange rate mattered to me it was 1.4 =P

Either the USD is dropping hard that makes me sad or the GBP is going up nicely... sadly I think it is the first one =/

Jul 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #592 of 4,419
I just bought a new bike, and for a high-school/college bike, I think it's quite good.
Cannondale Quick 5, large, black, trigger shifters (hate grip shift), etc. For under $500, this bike seems a steal to me. In fact, I'm going to go ride it now.

EDIT: Seems the builder didn't get the shifter adjustment quite right. I seem to have to push them a little bit more to upshift, especially on the forward derailleur. Other than that, it's a great bike
smily_headphones1.gif
And anything is better than grip shifters.

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #593 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
always wanted a mx-leader or a ciocc EL/os
confente would also be ok.
wink.gif

Good taste sir! I managed to get hold of an MX Leader frame in my size a couple of years ago, and have been slowly buying parts for it ever since. Not long now until it'll be up and running. I can't wait!

What bikes do you ride at the moment?

Jul 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #594 of 4,419
I love touring on bikes!!

Did my first touring in 2005 in hokkaido - Japan for 2 weeks. Did an other one in 2007, this time with my wife. she really enjoys it as well so hopefully we will hit the road again sometime soon!

here are some pics!

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #596 of 4,419
I was walking down memory lane yesterday and spied some pictures of me at two festivals on my GT LTS Thermoplastic full.

Pedros in Vermont and The West Virginia Mountain Bike festival. Good times.
At the West Virginia festival, 30 guys and 22 girls rode a "naked night ride". Nothing but Camelbacks and SPD's
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #597 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was walking down memory lane yesterday and spied some pictures of me at two festivals on my GT LTS Thermoplastic full.

Pedros in Vermont and The West Virginia Mountain Bike festival. Good times.
At the West Virginia festival, 30 guys and 22 girls rode a "naked night ride". Nothing but Camelbacks and SPD's
beerchug.gif

Portland had one of those cept it was a few 100 people that did it.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #598 of 4,419
I only have one bike that actually belongs to me. I won it from some draw at a local Save-On-Foods. =P. It is a Kona Lanai. KONA 2009 - Lana'i. Considering I won it for free, pretty good. Also, i think i have an old Nishiki Colorado that is about the same age as me.

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #599 of 4,419
DSCF0003-1.jpg
DSCF0002-1.jpg
DSCF0001-1.jpg

These are my rides. In my glory days had a Colnago Master with Diamonte SLX and Record. Crashed the Colnago, but I'm still around! Now I have one Trimble Carbon with a corn-cob six speed which I just goof off on. The Filmore is a little too big {I don't know what I was thinking when I got it.} The best thing about the Filmore is the new barrings they have now. The bike is really smooth though. My final tool is the FSR Pro. I ride this a lot, even on the street with 85PSI in the tires. Anyway these are an old guys retirement rides.

Jul 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #600 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

It certainly goes without saying that this post means nothing without "flash" photos.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back