Bicycle-Fi!
Jun 10, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #3,662 of 4,419
Ah, the weather has been nice and got to take my first 30 mile ride on my single the other day
biggrin.gif
 Been riding 24" cruisers for 25 years and just stepped into a 29'er, now I know why all you gearheads like 29's
wink_face.gif

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,663 of 4,419
He handed me over a Fuji frame, I said I didn't like Fuji.... so he pulled the sticker off, and slapped a Mongoose sticker on the frame and said.... "They are all the same."
confused.gif

XD that's funny as hell

Nice whip
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember when I went to Texas a while back I used a skateboard to commute to my two jobs and home. I'm not a skater, much pain was endured....

How did you come out of those bike accidents?

Like our bikes Unity, just have to learn to tuck and roll out of the crash (of course much pain can still be endured). Remember the first time I took a spill on my skate board however a little different propulsion system than yours
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,664 of 4,419
Haven't been around for quite some time. My road riding days are over--old injuries. Knew the clock was ticking but was hoping for a couple more seasons. Oh well, here are my last few rides.

C-50

Roubaix

Moots Vamoots

C-40

My last ride, Peacock Flats. North Shore, Oahu 

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #3,665 of 4,419
  Haven't been around for quite some time. My road riding days are over--old injuries. Knew the clock was ticking but was hoping for a couple more seasons. Oh well, here are my last few rides.

smiley_thumb.gif
 A few years ago after many moons off the bike, you inspired me to get rollin' again, my friend. In trying to overcome severe disabilities, I struggled mightily to complete my first mile. Round trip! You understood the road to rehab thing and encouraged me to keep riding. 

And going forward, I shall ride with you in spirit. By the many pix you shared, I remain inspired. Currently, I'm off the bike and have been since October. I broke my protective shades and do not wanna risk my eyes to foreign flying objects. Been trying really hard to save but my employer has cut hours for everyone in a slowdown. 

Hopefully by month-end I can push my Cervelo  down the street once more and sweat!

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #3,666 of 4,419

smiley_thumb.gif
 A few years ago after many moons off the bike, you inspired me to get rollin' again, my friend. In trying to overcome severe disabilities, I struggled mightily to complete my first mile. Round trip! You understood the road to rehab thing and encouraged me to keep riding. 

And going forward, I shall ride with you in spirit. By the many pix you shared, I remain inspired. Currently, I'm off the bike and have been since October. I broke my protective shades and do not wanna risk my eyes to foreign flying objects. Been trying really hard to save but my employer has cut hours for everyone in a slowdown. 

Hopefully by month-end I can push my Cervelo  down the street once more and sweat!

In a pinch. There are some mighty cool looking safety glasses that go for cheap.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #3,667 of 4,419

In a pinch. There are some mighty cool looking safety glasses that go for cheap.

Yeah, went to Home Depot last week. Contemplating a cheap $20 pair but haven't found any that fit me securely. May get some anyway and jus ride along the Pacific ocean. I'm also worried about UV and my precious eyes. 

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #3,668 of 4,419
  Yeah, went to Home Depot last week. Contemplating a cheap $20 pair but haven't found any that fit me securely. May get some anyway and jus ride along the Pacific ocean. I'm also worried about UV and my precious eyes. 

The Stihl goggles have a mild tint and metal arms that can be coerced into fitting. I used them and a pair of  Uvex clears for night riding (we have a huge insect population) for ages until I lucked into an Oakley Pro M law enforcement kit with the clear and amber lenses.
Any Polycarbonate will filter uv pretty well whether tinted or not.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #3,669 of 4,419
I have some $9.99 tinted and clear from Home Depot...they look a little silly but they've got lots of use, I leave em in the pack for anyone who forgot theirs

Don't let that hold you back from a good stress reliever right when you need one!

Some seasonal inspiration from last week for all?

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,670 of 4,419

smiley_thumb.gif

:thumbsup:

Your Cervelo is cool!  

I'm not completely giving up. The one bike I kept is the rigid Salsa El Mariachi SS mtb. Just converted it to 1X10 with XT components and new XT brakes. The 2.6mi ride from the bike shop was pushing it, but this thing is BA. Won't be riding it much for a while though.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #3,671 of 4,419
Like our bikes Unity, just have to learn to tuck and roll out of the crash (of course much pain can still be endured). Remember the first time I took a spill on my skate board however a little different propulsion system than yours:eek:

Nice skateboard lol.

Anybody here try a velomobile?

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #3,672 of 4,419
I have some $9.99 tinted and clear from Home Depot...they look a little silly but they've got lots of use, I leave em in the pack for anyone who forgot theirs

Don't let that hold you back from a good stress reliever right when you need one!

Some seasonal inspiration from last week for all?

Absolutely beautiful Ferday
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #3,673 of 4,419
Nice skateboard lol.

Anybody here try a velomobile?

No sir I have not but would love to try one out
wink_face.gif

http://amyontheworld.hubpages.com/hub/Velomobile-101 

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #3,674 of 4,419
Yeah I could really see myself loving an electric assist one! Mod some projector headlights on that bad boy and install a go pro for a Vlog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back