Bicycle-Fi!
Jan 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #3,106 of 4,419

900x900px-LL-244df943_S-Prologue2.jpeg

Ahhh.... good ol' steel! I still taker her out once a month; the Cervelo S5 three to four times a week. She's about to go into storage next week, though. I resume training at the Velodrome this Saturday and that will cut into road riding.

But if the Canadian develops any cracks 
wink_face.gif
, out comes the Schwinn!

Beauty!

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #3,107 of 4,419

900x900px-LL-244df943_S-Prologue2.jpeg

Ahhh.... good ol' steel! I still taker her out once a month; the Cervelo S5 three to four times a week. She's about to go into storage next week, though. I resume training at the Velodrome this Saturday and that will cut into road riding.

But if the Canadian develops any cracks 
wink_face.gif
, out comes the Schwinn

That's a really attractive bike!  I wish my old steel Shchwinn looked like that, but after 10 years of commuting, 3 wheel sets, 2 rear derailleurs, and one auto accident it looks about like you would expect it too. Also, downtube shifting forever...

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #3,108 of 4,419
  That's a really attractive bike!  I wish my old steel Shchwinn looked like that, but after 10 years of commuting, 3 wheel sets, 2 rear derailleurs, and one auto accident it looks about like you would expect it too. Also, downtube shifting forever...

These guys in Vista California did an incredible pearl light blue, pink and yellow repaint on a carbon frame for me.
http://www.cyclart.com/newindex.html

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #3,109 of 4,419
  These guys in Vista California did an incredible pearl light blue, pink and yellow repaint on a carbon frame for me.

That's some awesome art but its worth far more than the frame... I pretty much ride no matter what so I need a beater, all the better that its steeped with sentiment. I think of it like that old Honda CRX that kinda just bounces around from family member to family member because it wont break and "its a good car".
I will throw up a pic if this website ever gives me permissions, imma new guy.

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #3,110 of 4,419
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #3,111 of 4,419
Jan 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #3,112 of 4,419
Considering how busy the calgary drome is all the time I wonder if they are all hanging out there! I don't get much time on the track these days but is rather be outside anyways

biggrin.gif
 Every chance they get before a big event though, they come to LA. and become my temporary neighbors - bump into them daily at the residence and a time or two a week @ the Velo. This week I saw Team Canada unbox a new fleet of LOOK tracksters... they should be headed to the World Cup in Mexico this weekend.

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #3,113 of 4,419

Sometimes, while on my monthly ride, I'll be rolling along aside others and then reach down to shift and get the most incredible looks like "Really?" 
tongue.gif

Glad you weighed-in, I just bookmarked this link. My Cervelo chips so easy, I could be stopped at a RED light and come up with missing paint! 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #3,114 of 4,419
  Sometimes, while on my monthly ride, I'll be rolling along aside others and then reach down to shift and get the most incredible looks like "Really?" 
tongue.gif

I got that look a couple times this morning mostly from the motorists though, there was a big snowstorm just ending when I got out.  It was a blast though, as you can see this ones definitely not worth the paint job...

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #3,116 of 4,419
With my main roadie/commuter being out for repairs (new bottom bracket, freewheel, chain), I've been forced to daily my mountain bike with slicks. I forgot how fun it can be to stomp through and jump over everything in my way! I never have been good at jumping the bike, but this last week I've been working on getting the rear wheel up in combination with the front wheel. It's so much fun! For those who have wanted to or thought of the idea, but just haven't done it, here's a good video I ran across:

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #3,118 of 4,419
That's part of my motivation. I'd like to get more technical/nimble with my roadie if I could. Gonna take it out on my mountain bike first though.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #3,119 of 4,419
  The first few seconds of that video reminds me if possibly my favorite video of all time, mixing trials with the road.

You can get away with absolute bloody murder on a short framed road bike. Have a very close look at that set up.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back