Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 23, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #796 of 4,419
shigzeo-
Your Campy levers look very familiar.
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #797 of 4,419
Some good tights, gloves and a jacket is essential for the British weather.
It is ****ty training it in sometimes but think of the benefit. Plus you'll eventually accept that you will get wet and cold and no clothing will stop that.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #798 of 4,419
Just tried out a Specialized Tarmac Elite and a Cannondale Six (both full carbon builds) at the LBS. Makes my Redline Conquest feel like it doesn't accelerate like it used to...

I really think I'm going with full-carbon as my next road bike purchase...just need to justify the extra for ultegra over 105...

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #799 of 4,419
Just picked up a Trek 4300 Disc the other week! Front disc is sticking a little so I gotta get it checked out but I got it for a steal of a price. I took it out for a short ride and it definitely rides a lot smoother than my Raleigh but it doesn't have the immediate acceleration I can get with the Raleigh either. Hopefully after I get the brake issue fixed it'll ride a lot better. And yes, that's a kick stand.
redface.gif
It's a must for my campus.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #800 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think I'm going with full-carbon as my next road bike purchase...just need to justify the extra for ultegra over 105...

Last year I got a carbon road bike with ultegra components. My 12 year old Fuji is a 105 build, clean and well adjusted. They both function reliably, but the ultegra shifters/brakes have a noticeably more solid and smooth feel which I really appreciate. Look nicer, too. It's something you will enjoy over time.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #801 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplyr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard good things about Kool Stop brake pads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For brakes Kool Stop Salmons...

So I finally took your guys' advice. I got fed up with my bikes braking performance, especially in the rain. So I went to the bike shop to see what the difference in calipers was. Turns out under moderate to maximum braking effort, everything from generic to ultegra had seemingly identical amounts of deflection to the naked eye. So I just went for the pad, and now I can do endos on my generic calipers with salmon/black hybrid pads (in dry weather). We'll see how they fare in the rain.

Oct 27, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #802 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last year I got a carbon road bike with ultegra components. My 12 year old Fuji is a 105 build, clean and well adjusted. They both function reliably, but the ultegra shifters/brakes have a noticeably more solid and smooth feel which I really appreciate. Look nicer, too. It's something you will enjoy over time.

What brand was it? I do think the Cannondale had an Ultegra rear derailleur, but I guess I'd go for a uniform setup for the best...

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #803 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up a Trek 4300 Disc the other week! Front disc is sticking a little so I gotta get it checked out but I got it for a steal of a price. I took it out for a short ride and it definitely rides a lot smoother than my Raleigh but it doesn't have the immediate acceleration I can get with the Raleigh either. Hopefully after I get the brake issue fixed it'll ride a lot better. And yes, that's a kick stand.
redface.gif
It's a must for my campus.

What campus? PSU?

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #808 of 4,419
My dump freebie Centurion is still pushing out the miles very sweetly. Considering a strip down and paint job, but i would need a TARDIS to go back in time to pick up a shade of green gaudy enough to do it justice.

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #810 of 4,419
At one time I had 7 bikes now i'm down to 5

The pride of the collection is my
Pearl/Grey 1992 Bridgestone MB-1 with Logic fork for those of you who don't know it is the original mountain bike and the best at the time.

I also have a Giant mountain bike

a couple of bum/bar bikes

and my daily rider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back