Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 3, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #767 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All your drop handlebars are angled wayy too high.

If you mean me... I angle them higher b/c I hardly ride in the drops. Makes riding on the hoods much more comfortable. Still looking for a way to make riding in the drops more comfortable for extended distances. I expect being 140lbs and all legs would probably do it, but I'd be deathly ill at that weight.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #768 of 4,419
I am new to road bike. I am looking at craiglist for some used road bike but there are so many brands and bike so I do not know where to start looking. Any recommendation on picking a used bike?

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #769 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Schweeet!
beerchug.gif
Think that will fix your chronic flatulence?
eek.gif
icon10.gif

Absolutely. And the real kicker? I traded my KHS Aero Track for it. Straight up. No more track bikes in my house. I have never felt so un-hip.

A good friend of mine in DC is moving to San Francisco next month. He's trying to thin down his current stable of over 24 bicycles including a NOS Merckx, PDG Paramount, penny farthing, Samson, 3Rensho...you get the picture. He's a fanatic.

Anyway, I've been lusting after his Colnago for over a year now. At 59cm, it's too large for him but perfect for me. The bike has sentimental value to him, so he didn't want to sell it to a stranger; he wanted to keep it in the 'family.'

I took my KHS for one final ride over to his place tonight to pick up the Colnago. He had it completely torn down since he planned to eBay the parts. Every component on this bicycle has 'Ernesto Colnago' pantographed on it, down to the headset (which is a work of art in itself).

I intend to have it built up in the next week or so as time allows. For now, it hangs on my bike rack and I can't stop staring at it.

I need a sexy Italian name for her. My Cinelli is called Sophia. Any suggestions for this blue beauty?

2761331922_458e3703d8.jpg

2761331712_9a2cfdd4e2.jpg

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #770 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need a sexy Italian name for her. My Cinelli is called Sophia. Any suggestions for this blue beauty?

Well if you never intend to sell it, you could call it Mia, since it will be yours forever
tongue_smile.gif
. If its anything like spanish/latin it should mean "my" or "mine".

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #772 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaospanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am new to road bike. I am looking at craiglist for some used road bike but there are so many brands and bike so I do not know where to start looking. Any recommendation on picking a used bike?

If you state more specific criteria for your bike, I'm sure people would gladly put forth some suggestions.

Road bikes vary enough that a simple detail like super skinny vs a wider tire could be the difference between getting it stuck in the cracks in the sidewalk and rolling right over it.

Are you commuting, exercising, racing... 5-10 miles, 50-100 miles at a time?

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #773 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're Crud Roadracers - designed for frames that don't take mudguards and don't have a lot of clearance. You don't rub but they have virtually no clearance at the same time.
I'd highly recommend them but I don't know if you can get them in America.

For brakes Kool Stop Salmons and Dura Ace calipers are the best.

Thanks! Got them with me now looking forward to trying them on my bike
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #775 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Absolutely. And the real kicker? I traded my KHS Aero Track for it. Straight up. No more track bikes in my house. I have never felt so un-hip.

A good friend of mine in DC is moving to San Francisco next month. He's trying to thin down his current stable of over 24 bicycles including a NOS Merckx, PDG Paramount, penny farthing, Samson, 3Rensho...you get the picture. He's a fanatic.

Anyway, I've been lusting after his Colnago for over a year now. At 59cm, it's too large for him but perfect for me. The bike has sentimental value to him, so he didn't want to sell it to a stranger; he wanted to keep it in the 'family.'

I took my KHS for one final ride over to his place tonight to pick up the Colnago. He had it completely torn down since he planned to eBay the parts. Every component on this bicycle has 'Ernesto Colnago' pantographed on it, down to the headset (which is a work of art in itself).

I intend to have it built up in the next week or so as time allows. For now, it hangs on my bike rack and I can't stop staring at it.

2761331922_458e3703d8.jpg

2761331712_9a2cfdd4e2.jpg

bellezza blu or bellezza blu della strada

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #776 of 4,419
Some lovely bikes on this thread. Here's my stable. I've had a bit of a splurge this year, the Uzzi & the Blur LTc were new this summer...

2009 Intense Uzzi VP...

uzzi1.jpg

uzzi9.jpg

dsc_5405-2.jpg

2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT carbon...

blur2.jpg

img_4327.jpg

2006 Dialled Bikes Prince Albert...

542142161_hjBJ2-L.jpg

452829377_nVKjS-L.jpg

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #777 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some lovely bikes on this thread. Here's my stable. I've had a bit of a splurge this year, the Uzzi & the Blur LTc were new this summer...

2009 Intense Uzzi VP...

uzzi9.jpg

That is freaking beautiful. I don't even want to know how much it cost. Does it creak/squeak much?

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #778 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is freaking beautiful. I don't even want to know how much it cost. Does it creak/squeak much?

Tell me about it! It was that or a very nice high end 'stat rig
eek.gif
. No squeaking...yet...apparently VPP2 is meant to be a big improvement in that area. Time will tell I guess.

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #779 of 4,419
Well, I am looking a bike to commute to school which is about a mile away. So, I am probably drive 5-10 miles a day at most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chobint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you state more specific criteria for your bike, I'm sure people would gladly put forth some suggestions.

Road bikes vary enough that a simple detail like super skinny vs a wider tire could be the difference between getting it stuck in the cracks in the sidewalk and rolling right over it.

Are you commuting, exercising, racing... 5-10 miles, 50-100 miles at a time?

Oct 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #780 of 4,419
this may not appeal to downhillers (as I am sure it will come out), but the Cy-Fi wireless speaker uses either A2DP Bluetooth, or Kleer Wireless tech to mate with an iPod, or a mobile phone. I had the chance to review both versions recently and to say that I am in love for road bicycling is going far, far under the radar.

Cy-Fi Wireless Sports speaker in Review - No strings attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Back