Bicycle-Fi!
May 21, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #3,422 of 4,419
I wish I had your ambition. I ride 5 days a week, commuting to and from work but I need to get off my butt for those two other days.

Same here. I used to ride like crazy a few years back, but ever since I got into a relationship I've gradually gotten more lazy and fat. On a plus side, it looks like a warm and beautiful summer coming up, never too late to change my ways!

May 22, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #3,423 of 4,419
  I may as well post this one too from the same ride as the last pic, about 0700. That car is moving about 45mph, and there's a fast, wet, gusty descent 300yd on.

This is a NOS C-50, with about 110 mi. Might be getting rid of it due to back injuries limiting flexion. I don't like the riding position with the handlebar high up, as it really screws with power delivery. 

That kinda descent, you deserve to take a lane...nice pix!

May 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #3,424 of 4,419
I guess I will just drop this off here?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=580_1400958962

May 26, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #3,425 of 4,419
  I guess I will just drop this off here?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=580_1400958962

A "friendly" guy - and unfortunately has his counterparts round the globe; but they are mostly too clever to post their "heroic" deeds ( at least 2 more wheels and 10 times the bulk/weight ) as videos on the internet for everyone to see.

I do wonder how many (censored) cyclists found dead in the ditch by the road fell prey to such guys who feel they own the road and do not treat equal anybody but their own size - and do not stop at words only.  These lowlifes would "get it" only if and when run off the road themselves - by a bigger/more powerful vehicle - like some 18 wheeler or ultimately, a tank.

May 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #3,426 of 4,419

I may as well post this one too from the same ride as the last pic, about 0700. That car is moving about 45mph, and there's a fast, wet, gusty descent 300yd on.

This is a NOS C-50, with about 110 mi. Might be getting rid of it due to back injuries limiting flexion. I don't like the riding position with the handlebar high up, as it really screws with power delivery. 

That kinda descent, you deserve to take a lane...nice pix!

Absolutely, the better to weave through at speed, the swollen or sunken (take your pick) pothole patches. :D

May 26, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #3,427 of 4,419
Speechless. The stories some people make themselves believe are astounding.

May 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3,428 of 4,419
Went on a 35-ish mile round trip ride today.

This is where I decided to make my end point Shoreline Trail, about 25 or so miles from home. Just hanging out, watching the birds n' little waves, when I come across this on top of the trash can:

So I look around, then see this:

I had to use all the zoom my Nexus 5 had, so I'm not sure if you can see the American flag there in the rocks n' dirt. Before I go any further, here is what I'm guessing is about a 240 degree panorama of my resting area/view.

See that little peninsula looking thing off to the right? That's where the flag was. So I mozy out there in my clipless shoes, as one does, and bring the flag back, which was wire tied to a piece of rusted to hell sign post metal ( keep in mind, it's about a steady 13 MPH wind out here ) and I  get back to solid ground. Looking for a place to prop this up, I see a spot in some rocks that will do. Not near as high as I would have liked but it's a far cry from where it was.

I felt pretty good about myself for fixing this little problem. And now, for the proverbial picture of my bike and the surround area picture.

May 27, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #3,429 of 4,419
Went on a 35-ish mile round trip ride today.

This is where I decided to make my end point Shoreline Trail, about 25 or so miles from home. Just hanging out, watching the birds n' little waves, when I come across this on top of the trash can:

So I look around, then see this:

I had to use all the zoom my Nexus 5 had, so I'm not sure if you can see the American flag there in the rocks n' dirt. Before I go any further, here is what I'm guessing is about a 240 degree panorama of my resting area/view.

See that little peninsula looking thing off to the right? That's where the flag was. So I mozy out there in my clipless shoes, as one does, and bring the flag back, which was wire tied to a piece of rusted to hell sign post metal ( keep in mind, it's about a steady 13 MPH wind out here ) and I  get back to solid ground. Looking for a place to prop this up, I see a spot in some rocks that will do. Not near as high as I would have liked but it's a far cry from where it was.

I felt pretty good about myself for fixing this little problem. And now, for the proverbial picture of my bike and the surround area picture.

Reminded me of the start of Planet Of The Apes.

May 31, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,432 of 4,419
Local Provincial park. The brown water on the left is actually 40 meters down. This single track path runs along the edge of the ravine.

The bike is a 20 dollar find at a thrift store. My econo replacement for the Rockhopper that got rearranged when I was hit in December.

I now know why folks raved about the Fusion's frame back in the day..

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #3,434 of 4,419
Jealous again. Bikes at my local thrift store are $120, with flat tires and rusted cassettes.

Curiously enough, it was sitting behind a b2s Raleigh wal mart special (Raleigh in Canada is not the Raleigh sold elsewhere in the world) that they wanted 37 bucks for. So when I dug this one out and saw the Cane Creek headset, Race Face chainrings and Ritchey rims, my head started to spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back