Bicycle-Fi!
Mar 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,802 of 4,419

Quote:
well my bike plans took a beating since i picked up a turntable instead last weekend.

Perhaps around summer time i will pick up a carbon Bike. Really loved the Cannondale Synapse carbon 6 when i tried it.

So going to just dust off the crap off my MTB that i have city communiting tires on (and yes, i do have fenders for that! :) ).

And as nice as portland is for biking, i am starting to really despise the weather after nearly 6 years of living here.

Now that spring is upon us, I've dueling thoughts on further audio purchases; tweaks, and perhaps getting a new road bike. It is not easy! The TT pickup sounds pleasing...

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,803 of 4,419

Quote:
Record Pista babee! I miss these puppies.

I've shopped fine confectioner boutiques before... I know fine candy when I see it! 
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,807 of 4,419
There's this blog called "howtofixbikes" from Canada and the guy had a post on how to secure your bike. The gist of it is think like a thief, don't park it on a bike rack, use the D lock and leave no wiggle room, get as many parts of the bike as possible and also use a thick chain with no wiggle room. Tie it to something sturdy like a tree, see this is why i'm looking for a beater, no way am i dropping 3 bills on a new bike just to have some scumbag take it.......if it'll make you feel any better you can go to youtube and watch videos of bike thieves getting caught and beat up
normal_smile%20.gif
Most of the bike i see at school seem to be secured rather badly i noticed....i feel like putting up a flyer or something.

Quote:
Dig this bike race urban style...

Oh man! Where is the Go Pro HD when you need it!?

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #1,808 of 4,419

Quote:
There's this blog called "howtofixbikes" from Canada and the guy had a post on how to secure your bike. The gist of it is think like a thief, don't park it on a bike rack, use the D lock and leave no wiggle room, get as many parts of the bike as possible and also use a thick chain with no wiggle room. Tie it to something sturdy like a tree, see this is why i'm looking for a beater, no way am i dropping 3 bills on a new bike just to have some scumbag take it.......if it'll make you feel any better you can go to youtube and watch videos of bike thieves getting caught and beat up
normal_smile%20.gif
Most of the bike i see at school seem to be secured rather badly i noticed....i feel like putting up a flyer or something.

Oh man! Where is the Go Pro HD when you need it!?

I feel bad when any of our cycling and/or audio loving brothers/sisters get ripped! But there is an upside - one's safety. If the theft is history, no confrontation to deal with, where unpredictable things happen.  

While "locking & leaving" is always with anxiety, rides and routes sometimes even more so. When I wasn't riding the Velodrome, or Redondo Beach to Santa Monica/Malibu along the ocean, I'd hit the L.A. River along the 605 Freeway. Going from CSU Long Beach to the Sante Fe Dam on Arrow Highway. This run got to be very dangerous - thugs started picking off riders for their machines in between Norwalk, Pico Rivera, Whittier. Usually one to two riders, so we started riding in packs. Not necessarily elbow-to-elbow but always with another presence "rubberband style" and the crimes and injuries subsided.

eek.gif
 Uh-oh! I better sign off before it's found out that I've yet to get in the saddle 2012. Definitely before March is up! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #1,809 of 4,419

Quote:
My baby was stolen today...so gutted.
frown.gif

If only I had got insurance and if only I had used 2 locks today instead of one.

We all feel for you. I remember you posting pix with pride, allowing us to share in your joy. Hope you're rolling again sometime soon... keep your head up!
beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #1,810 of 4,419
Thanks, I bought a cheaper replacement the next day so I am still rolling.
smile.gif
 I'm still pretty upset at my loss though. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth having nice things as there are unsavoury characters who want to take what doesn't belong to them.

I thought I'd give a single-speed a try and this is what I got on clearance price...Charge Sink 2011

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,812 of 4,419

Quote:
Thanks, I bought a cheaper replacement the next day so I am still rolling.
smile.gif
 I'm still pretty upset at my loss though. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth having nice things as there are unsavoury characters who want to take what doesn't belong to them.

I thought I'd give a single-speed a try and this is what I got on clearance price...Charge Sink 2011

Nicely done. Your being resilient will inspire many.
beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #1,814 of 4,419
     Quote:
Nicely done. Your being resilient will inspire many.
beerchug.gif

Resilient and broke! 
biggrin.gif

I'm already looking at what I'm gonna get in the future when I can afford a more expensive bike. I expect many here probably prefer road bikes, but I'm looking at these 3 high-end urban bikes:

Ghost Speedline Lector 9000 2012 - £1800

Frame: Speedline Carbon SCL Fork: Ghost XDS Carbon Gears: Shifters: Shimano SL 780 Flat, Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra, Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra, Chainset: Shimano Ultegra Compact, Chainrings: 50/34, Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11-28, Number of Gears: 20  

Whyte Montpellier 2012 - £1600

Fork: Straight Bladed Full Carbon Front Fork and Steerer Gears: SRAM SL700, 10 Speed Shifters, SRAM APEX Front Mech, SRAM Rival 10 Speed Rear Mech, SRAM PG-1050, 11-32, 10 Speed Cassette, SRAM PC-1050 Chain, FSA Gossamer, 50-34, 10 Speed, Compact Chainset, SRAM Press Fit Bottom Bracket  

BMC Alpenchallenge AC01 Rival 2012 - £1600

Frame: iSC alloy, triple butted, hydroformed Fork: Alpenchallenge disc concept carbon Gears: SRAM SL700 trigger for flat bar road shifters, SRAM Rival front mech, SRAM Rival rear mech, SRAM Rival OCT chainset with 50-34 tooth chainrings, SRAM PG-1070, 11-36 cassette, 20 gears  

Any one have any opinions/thoughts on these and the components?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back