Bi-annual Stumptown (Portland Oregon) meet...February 27th, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #61 of 85

Quote:
sachu, thanks for the heads up today!  i know i've been neglecting head-fi for quite a while now.  

assuming i will not be doing the family thing for my sister's birthday and can bum a ride from ken, i will be there with a home and portable rig.  

i'll bring my Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA with LCD-2s and an ALO Chain Mail cable (probably a couple different ones), with my macbook as a source.  If i have time to make an interconnect, i might also bring my luxman d-100 cd player as a second source. 

for a portable setup, i'll bring my ALO Mk2/ AlgoRhythm Solo combo with my ipod classic and my new Marshall Majors that i've been mildly obsessing over.  

not that i'm a fanboy or anything.  =)  

I also might bring a friend who is getting his toes wet in the hi-fi pool.  i'll confirm by the end of this week. 

lol

Look at you with all the major gear upgrade...great to hear your voice today. Looking forward to seeing you. Need to ask Ken to lend me a couple of his best interconnects and that corset speaker cable as i am looking for an upgrade (especially interconnects) to throw in my speaker rig..after listening to the ALO audio Chain mail on my LCD-2 i am beyond sold on Ken's cables :)

Hoping he will make the meet..not that his products will go unrepresented otherwise :wink:

Let your dad know as well about the meet.

p.s: do grab some extension cords and outlets with you when coming over ..and yeah if u got a spare folding table taht we could use le tme know and i can come pick it up on saturday and return it after the meet.

And if you need a ride and Ken's slacking off drop me a line..we'll get you sorted out so you can make this meet!

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #62 of 85
Shaping up to be a fine time and a fine crowd...

I'll bring a folding table and coupla chairs...

Bringing my ears, Rotel CD player, EF5 with Telefunken tube, Running Springs Power Conditioner with 6 outlets, HE-5, Denon D7000, AKG 501, AudioTechnica AD2000 and my TPs.

Will need a bit of a hand with the luggage for the 200m jaunt to the clubhouse as I still haven't fully recovered the use of my left foot.  Coupla fractured bones and a long rehab....still walking like a freaking penguin.  Let me know if there is a closer drop off zone.

Looking forward to making new friends.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #63 of 85
naa no need to haul your gear the 200m in..you all drive in..unload gear into the meet venue, drive cars back out, park and walk in arms swinging free.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #64 of 85
Wow, this thing has gotten bigger since I was last in here!
tongue_smile.gif

I think I may have a ride lined up, but I'll have to see how it pans out by the 27th. He's actually just getting into the headphone game, so it might be good for him to check out some high end stuff. Not sure if I should bring my gear though, since mine isn't exactly high end. Unless people want to give a listen to some budget gear like my Little Dot I+ and K601's.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #65 of 85
Excellent..hope you and your buddy can make it :) And no reason to be shy about bringing your gear whatever it may be.  Meets are not just about listening to differnent rigs..its about socializing and meeting new folks, bringn new folks into the fold, getting introduced to new music and raising glases:)

Feb 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #66 of 85
If any you don't have a car I've got space in mine, going to be trekking from the north.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #67 of 85

naa no need to haul your gear the 200m in..you all drive in..unload gear into the meet venue, drive cars back out, park and walk in arms swinging free.

Thanks Much!

@KuKuk,

Looking forward to listening to the K601...love my K501s so am curious about the equally hard to find K601...

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #68 of 85
Hey Sachu (and all others),

I would also love to show up for this meet.

I am in a similar boat to one of the older posts, with a set-up that leaves a bit to be desired.  With stuff or not, if there is room, I am game for attending.  I may have to work that night, but if I don't I'll be more than happy to help with break-down.

Thanks,
Mike

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #69 of 85
No problem Mike..Looking forward to seeing you there..

Ken from ALO and 32 OHm audio will be gracing the meet. SO will Andrew H from Maximo Products. These two truly are the stalwarts of the headphone community in Portland and have steadily supported the local meets the past few years.

OP has been updated to reflect the updates.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #70 of 85
Not to be persnickity but the Matrix is an amp as opposed to a source. C'mon Sachu, you're supposed to know every piece of equipment out there and it's function. (As if that would be possible). 
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #71 of 85
sad news... it looks like ken and i will not be able to make the meet after all.  turns out we will finally be getting our first Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (HURRAY!) shipment saturday afternoon/evening.  while the timing is unfortunate, it's very exciting for us to finally have this product in the production/packaging stage.  if only there weren't so many damn pre-orders... =p  

i hope there will be some good impressions posted; i love to live vicariously!  

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #73 of 85
Only two more days to go folks!!

I could use some help setting up the stuff . If a coupleof you can come a half hour early around 9:30 it owuld be very helpful :)
Have been unable to get a permit for alcoholic beverages on the premises as i have been too busy..but we definitely can have those at my place.

Remember to bring your extension cords sources, interconencts and music to the meet. ANd of course any eatables or refreshments. I'll have some of the latter there as well.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #74 of 85
I should find out later today if I'll be able to make it. Sent my friend a message, but no word yet.

Is anyone bringing a balanced amp? I'd be curious to try my K601's through a balanced setup.
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #75 of 85
I'll be able to make it.  As long as you still have space.

I was planning on unicycling the Chilly Hilly (a 30 mile ride around Bainbridge Island) up in Seattle on Sunday.  But the prospect of it being a Chilly Rainy Chilly Hilly has made me change my plans.  Finishing the ride wet and numb is not my idea of fun.  I've done it in the wet and cold before, no need to do that again.

I've no new gear to show off so it'll be the stuff I've brought before:
HD600, D2000, SR325is
x-head amp
DVD/CD player borrowed from the TV
iPod
CDs
and a hard drive full of music but I don't have a laptop to do the computer as source thing away from home, but I'll bring the backup hd anyways just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back