Bi-annual Stumptown (Portland Oregon) meet...February 27th, 2011
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #46 of 85
I am opening to bringing most anything food-wise. How would an assortment of cheese and meat slices sound?

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #49 of 85
Feb 11, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #50 of 85
sounds excellent you guys...

The prototype version of the Liquid Fire that was demoed at Canjam last year with the Audeze LCD_2 will be at the meet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #51 of 85
well..so it seems i can use the clubhouse for a fee of 150$ of which 50$ is non-refundable.

If the place is left as is after use the 100$ is refunded.

If liquor is being served in the area then i would need some sort of permit BS which i may defer for the after party or can have at my house which is very close to the cllubhouse.

Parking is the only issue regardless of what we choose here. Since this is a residential parking only, cars will need to be parked on the side of the road (free with no time limit) near the entrace to the private driveway to the condo complex. We could unload all gear and then park out on the road and trek the 200m back to the complex. Should not be a biggie.

I am thinking if i can get the clubhouse for the 27th we'll go that route so those who want to listen to the speaker rig can do so without disturbing the headphone guys. THis also means we can have more people attend the meet (if that happens).

Assuming we leave the place as is its just 50$ which dispered over 10 members is 5$ a pop.

Extra chairs and tables would be wecome...i haven't got info on the availability of this yet from the HOA. THere is also a pool table in the clubhouse for those who would like to shoot some pool

This sound good to y'all yes?

I'll update with more info tonight on the OP as well along with address and info.

Feb 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #52 of 85
I have a number of folding chairs, let me know if you need any.

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #54 of 85
Okay guys..just booked the clubhouse for the 27th. SO long as we leave the place as is when we are done using the place its just 50$. Updating OP in a little bit with more info.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #55 of 85
OP has been updated. Read it you peeps. :)

Sound off on what stuff (gear and other goodies..no i don't mean your mom) you plan on bringing and i'll make update the OP

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #56 of 85
Hahaha! I guess I deserved that! 
rolleyes.gif

I'll also bring the EF-5 amp just in case anyone wants to compare. I don't really have any sources I can bring though. 
redface.gif

My father and I will also bring some varieties of root-beer. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #57 of 85
I'll bring a folding table but I don't have any chairs. I'll also be bringing a Matrix M-Stage and Beyerdynamic DT880 in the 600 ohm configuration. Not sure what my source will be just yet. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #58 of 85
Okay.  I'll bring:

Source: Music Hall dac25.2 w/ Affordable Audio Level 3 Mods
Amp: Woo Audio WA6
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 650, Allesandro MS2 (old version)

Feb 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #59 of 85
Excellent..I will provide a link to a word document that each of you can fill out and then return it to me via email. I will print out these for you to display next to your rigs. WIll also print out general gear usage guidelines and have nametags at the ready.

AM trying to get www.1964ears.com to show up at the meet even though it is rather late in the game. 

ALO audio also has been contacted. Ken is integral to the headphone scene and more so in portland. And have left a message with Andrew from Maximo who has been a steady supporter of our portland meets.

I will update the raffle/giveaway list later tonight as well..there have already been some very generous gestures that have been made by a couple of the members.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #60 of 85
sachu, thanks for the heads up today!  i know i've been neglecting head-fi for quite a while now.  

assuming i will not be doing the family thing for my sister's birthday and can bum a ride from ken, i will be there with a home and portable rig.  

i'll bring my Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA with LCD-2s and an ALO Chain Mail cable (probably a couple different ones), with my macbook as a source.  If i have time to make an interconnect, i might also bring my luxman d-100 cd player as a second source. 

for a portable setup, i'll bring my ALO Mk2/ AlgoRhythm Solo combo with my ipod classic and my new Marshall Majors that i've been mildly obsessing over.  

not that i'm a fanboy or anything.  =)  

I also might bring a friend who is getting his toes wet in the hi-fi pool.  i'll confirm by the end of this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back