Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #2,116 of 2,946
Hello everyone. I would like to ask if you can recommend any good 2.5 mm balanced cables with mmcx connectors for Xelentos remote. I'm in search for a good quality one to get the best out of my pioneer 300r. But there are 3 condotions: 1. angled jack to prevent fragile pioneers jack sockets from breaking, 2. mmcx connectors should be as small as possible to protect mmcx phones connectors from wearing off, 3. of course to get the best sound quality without losing this magic low end. The price range is up to 100 euros. Thank you in advance!

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #2,118 of 2,946
You may be able to get an Effect Audio Ares balanced, used in that price. I really liked it, paired with Xelento.
Thank you. Those are really nice cables, looking really good but there is no option for an angled jack. I would definitely put the trigger on them but unfortunately this kind of connection eliminates them from my list. Thanks again.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #2,120 of 2,946
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #2,121 of 2,946
Sep 20, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #2,122 of 2,946
I would take a look at this RHA balanced cable. Better quality than Fiio lc-b/c/d line, imo.

https://www.rha-audio.com/headphones/accessories/cables-and-adapters/balanced-silver-mmcx-cable

edit: not right-angled plug though.
I cancelled an order for the fiio cable and ordered the recommended one. This seems like the perfect product for me and rha is known for a great quality. Wanted to get one of the Alo audio ones but have no idea why is so hard to find them in Germany. Could buy it on amazon.uk but the cheapest one was for over 130 pounds plus delivery fee. Anyways thanks again!

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,123 of 2,946
Hi everybody, I would also like to ask for recommendations for a good balanced cable for my Xelento remote.I need 4.4 mm connectors, though. It would be nice if the MMCX ones on the earbuds had a similar slight curve like the originals.

My experience is the same: Hard to get stuff in Germany. I looked at ALO cables as well as RHA. 4.4 mm makes things even tougher.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #2,124 of 2,946
IMG_20200926_055846.jpg

This cable is great! Thanx.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #2,125 of 2,946
Hi everybody, I would also like to ask for recommendations for a good balanced cable for my Xelento remote.I need 4.4 mm connectors, though. It would be nice if the MMCX ones on the earbuds had a similar slight curve like the originals.

My experience is the same: Hard to get stuff in Germany. I looked at ALO cables as well as RHA. 4.4 mm makes things even tougher.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, the only cable with similar mmcx connectors I ve found was from fiio: https://www.amazon.de/FiiO-LC-C-Serie-mit-MMCX-Kopfhörerkabel/dp/B07GGZCFD2?th=1&psc=1
But I returned it having one from RHA ordered already. The one from RHA has even shorter mmcx connectors but no option for 4.4 mm unfortunately.

Sep 26, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #2,126 of 2,946
I feel like i might have asked this already but are there any other small monitors that sit in the ear (same size as the Xelento or smaller) and can keep up with or better the SQ and isolation?

Xelentos sit in my ears and i can happily lay on a pillow with them with zero discomfort, they'd be great for long flights etc. Am wondering if i should look at anything else before get some.

Massdrop Plus was my go-to for in-bed listening before picking up the Xelentos. Its isolation is much better than X - I would not use X outdoor/in-flight at all. MD+ is a little bigger and deeper insertion but offers better fit than X, almost custom-like. SQ compares favorably to X but it's BA so timbre suffers - it comes down to personal preference and use case.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2,127 of 2,946
Massdrop Plus was my go-to for in-bed listening before picking up the Xelentos. Its isolation is much better than X - I would not use X outdoor/in-flight at all. MD+ is a little bigger and deeper insertion but offers better fit than X, almost custom-like. SQ compares favorably to X but it's BA so timbre suffers - it comes down to personal preference and use case.

Thanks i'll check them out.

*edit. They sound quite fantastic. I'll be getting a set i think.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #2,128 of 2,946

Actually reading about the MD+ QC issues on drop has given me pause. Which suuuucks... cause they sounded perfect. Do you know if they have been resolved?

Oct 9, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,129 of 2,946
First firmware update in a while for Xelento Wireless dongle.

Exited to see what the "new features" are going to be. Guessing new BT codec support or ability to EQ through MIY app.

1602262985405.png

Oct 26, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #2,130 of 2,946

Users who are viewing this thread

Back