Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Sep 11, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #2,101 of 2,949
The wireless ones are on sale now for $650. Are the shells made of plastic? I don't like the fact the shells are falling apart for some users given the MSRP.

Sep 12, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,102 of 2,949
The wireless ones are on sale now for $650. Are the shells made of plastic? I don't like the fact the shells are falling apart for some users given the MSRP.

Great deal!

They are made from CNC Aluminum.

Have been using mine since early this year and seem very durable.

Haven't seen anyone reporting them falling apart except one user on previous page whose user name is extremism and has two posts to their name...

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #2,104 of 2,949
1599928729738.png

I don't see plastic.

Sep 12, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,105 of 2,949
The problem is Newegg is not an official retailer of Beyernamic. I have no doubt that they are real because it's from the official Newegg store.

Sep 12, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #2,106 of 2,949
The Xelento outer shells are not made of metal, as far as I'm aware.

Sep 13, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #2,109 of 2,949
Sep 17, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #2,110 of 2,949
I feel like i might have asked this already but are there any other small monitors that sit in the ear (same size as the Xelento or smaller) and can keep up with or better the SQ and isolation?

Xelentos sit in my ears and i can happily lay on a pillow with them with zero discomfort, they'd be great for long flights etc. Am wondering if i should look at anything else before get some.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #2,111 of 2,949
I feel like i might have asked this already but are there any other small monitors that sit in the ear (same size as the Xelento or smaller) and can keep up with or better the SQ and isolation?

Xelentos sit in my ears and i can happily lay on a pillow with them with zero discomfort, they'd be great for long flights etc. Am wondering if i should look at anything else before get some.
I have extremely tiny ears and can barely fit any in ears comfortably. For example andromeda are too big for my ears but are considered on the smaller side for TOTL. Xelento were one of the first to fit me.
Although they are pretty shallow fit they are comfortable and low profile.
Other comfortable IEM’s I can think of include:
- Shure se846 (bulkier though)
- Dunu Luna (More expensive and tuning is not for everyone)
- Technics EAH-Tz700 / Final audio E series (barrel style IEM but I doubt you can lay on them like you could with Xelento)

Overall I’d say the xelento are a pretty solid IEM but the isolation isn’t the greatest (neither the case with the Luna for example) so if you are planning to use these on an airplane I’d cautious with the volume button to drown out noise (and perhaps pick up something with ANC instead)

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #2,112 of 2,949
I have extremely tiny ears and can barely fit any in ears comfortably. For example andromeda are too big for my ears but are considered on the smaller side for TOTL. Xelento were one of the first to fit me.
Although they are pretty shallow fit they are comfortable and low profile.
Other comfortable IEM’s I can think of include:
- Shure se846 (bulkier though)
- Dunu Luna (More expensive and tuning is not for everyone)
- Technics EAH-Tz700 / Final audio E series (barrel style IEM but I doubt you can lay on them like you could with Xelento)

Overall I’d say the xelento are a pretty solid IEM but the isolation isn’t the greatest (neither the case with the Luna for example) so if you are planning to use these on an airplane I’d cautious with the volume button to drown out noise (and perhaps pick up something with ANC instead)

Or just wear a good pair of over ear ANC headphones on top of your Xelentos.

Sep 17, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #2,113 of 2,949
Or just wear a good pair of over ear ANC headphones on top of your Xelentos.

Afraid that would defeat the purpose of having a recessed low profile bud. ANC is a good idea though. Wonder if there's a super low profile custom with a low driver count or single DD i should look into.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #2,114 of 2,949

Ue900 fits me very well and sounds good. u could sleep with it on but i dont think the sq is as good as xelento, but still good and fun sounding imo, just not ont the level xelento is

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #2,115 of 2,949
I recently got my pair of Xelento Remotes and so far I'm really enjoying them (picked up for 530 € during Amazon sale). It's a fine combo with HiBy R3 Pro Saber. Thank's for the suggestions, guys.

At the moment I use them with SpinFit CP-145 (L and M size mixed) which offer solid fit and isolation. Are there any other quality aftermarket ear tips made from silicone I could try to even improve sound and comfort?

Also, I'm looking for a solid 2,5 mm TRRS balanced cable (preferably with angled plug) in the price bracket of 30 to 70 €. Any suggestions?
Sorry to be late responding: I suggest the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips. They run large (normally I wear large but the ML XELASTEC tip fits me best). I also suggest looking at https://www.adv-sound.com and browsing to their custom tip page. They claim to be able to make a custom mold for the Xelento and your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back