Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Mar 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #91 of 2,937
  whats the difference between this and T8ie tho, just the make? Cause these IEMs look just like T8ie..

Xelento has more clarity,detail and energy on the upper mids/treble than T8ieMKII. This makes T8ieMKII warmer than Xelento. MKI is warmer than MKII in comparison.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #93 of 2,937
  thanks for the info! i didnt even take MKI into the equation, i prefer warmer IEMs, so in terms of build? i have heard that the build of MKI had some design flaws?

The earlier batches of MKI had quality issues but they have resolved that on later batches. My MKII is from the first batch and never had any issues yet.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #94 of 2,937
But either way, there are still problems with the Xelento and MKII, and compatibility of using third party cables with the MMCX connectors.

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #95 of 2,937
  But either way, there are still problems with the Xelento and MKII, and compatibility of using third party cables with the MMCX connectors.

Is 3rd party cable compatibility the only problem you encounter?  I'm still waiting to get my review unit, so just curious... 

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #96 of 2,937

Is 3rd party cable compatibility the only problem you encounter?  I'm still waiting to get my review unit, so just curious... 

nope, with third party cables, either the connectors is too big, and doesn't look good, finding a small one like the Limum the sounds sometimes disconnects, contacts sometimes loose, even with stock cables, I had to change cables 3 times, and at the end I had the IEM changed which is much better, but mine is the first generation Xelento, and the second generation Xelento is slightly different is design, it could also be improved over the first one, but can't be sure.

But at the end i'm still happy with mine once everything is sorted out.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #97 of 2,937
nope, with third party cables, either the connectors is too big, and doesn't look good, finding a small one like the Limum the sounds sometimes disconnects, contacts sometimes loose, even with stock cables, I had to change cables 3 times, and at the end I had the IEM changed which is much better, but mine is the first generation Xelento, and the second generation Xelento is slightly different is design, it could also be improved over the first one, but can't be sure.

Do you mean that you have/had the Xelento Wired, as opposed to Remote? I guess the Remote will carry upgraded cables, it would be quite something of both cables included in the packaging were to falter like yours did...

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #98 of 2,937

Do you mean that you have/had the Xelento Wired, as opposed to Remote? I guess the Remote will carry upgraded cables, it would be quite something of both cables included in the packaging were to falter like yours did...

I have the wired version, the remote version comes with the same cable, and a extra one with a inline remote.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #100 of 2,937
I've posted some photo's within the thread.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #102 of 2,937
I will be getting these in the next week and will post some sonic impressions. Currently my favorite dynamic driver universal IEM is the CA Lyra II. It is extremely comfortable and it's relaxed sound while still maintaining decent transparency means I can listen to it for hours. Like it better than both the Sennheiser IE800 and both Dita the Answer and the Truth Edition. Have not had a chance to audition the CA Vega but Plan on giving them a try next month at Axpona 2017 based on many positive reviews and comments. I also own the Shure SE846 and I prefer the Lyra II to the 846 for what it's worth. Just my two cents worth. After all sonic bliss is in the ear of the listener.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #104 of 2,937
  Xelento and T8iE looks like these custom Sony. I don't have these, but would love to hear them.

Just ear is super expensive, they are cutom made, you need to have it specially made and takes months, another thing, they are way bigger than the Xelemto or T8ie, i'm sure the SQ is much better, but that depends on individuals. I've only seen the Just Ear once in Hong Kong, someone was wearing them going to jaben HK shop.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #105 of 2,937
I have received my Xelentos, and am still burning them in, but they are starting to sounding truly exceptional with the DX200. The first IEMs I have used that sound like full size headphones, and I have IE800 and K3003. Far more coherent than the latter, far more balanced than former, and in my view, much more comfortable than either, although am yet to find the right tip for my right ear. Supplied cable (non mic) never cuts off or disconnects sound. Beyer have a winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back