Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 14, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #2,657 of 2,949
Many thanks!
Is Xelento v2 very much better than v1 ? I ordered v2 from Beyerdynamic. DHL say they tried to deliver to us yesterday in Granada , we were in the entire day specifically awaiting delivery. Beyerdynamic have informed me that the unit is being returned to them. To be honest , the shine has gone off the whole thing for me.
I have Xelento OG with ALO silver balanced cable , as well as Sony IER - Z1R and CA Atlas ,both silver balanced cables and custom silicone tips.
I ordered the Xelento v2 in good faith ,and was excited to get my hands on a new toy , but ... Do I really need v2 given the IEMs I have , especially given that they're DD drivers too.
Any input will be very much appreciated. - Thanks.

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #2,658 of 2,949
Is Xelento v2 very much better than v1 ? I ordered v2 from Beyerdynamic. DHL say they tried to deliver to us yesterday in Granada , we were in the entire day specifically awaiting delivery. Beyerdynamic have informed me that the unit is being returned to them. To be honest , the shine has gone off the whole thing for me.
I have Xelento OG with ALO silver balanced cable , as well as Sony IER - Z1R and CA Atlas ,both silver balanced cables and custom silicone tips.
I ordered the Xelento v2 in good faith ,and was excited to get my hands on a new toy , but ... Do I really need v2 given the IEMs I have , especially given that they're DD drivers too.
Any input will be very much appreciated. - Thanks.

I would say IER Z1R is still like an absolute reference for sound quality after so many years .. Unfortunately, they are note really comfortable and mmcx connector rather weak (like Sennheiser IE600 IE900), but till now only the Xelento (Gen 1) allows me to sleep with the head on my side and not feeling them (with proper tips) while sound quality is really "good" though I apply some PEQ to adjust high frequencies to my taste ..
I have no idea about CA Atlas..

So, for my use, the Xelento with an Ifi Go Blu, Fiio BTR7 or Shanling UP4 2022 is a real keeper ...

If mine dies in the future, I will straight away order them again, for sure... no competitors for the ratio sound quality/comfort & size (in a way the little IE800 is more or less in the same league too, but still a bit behind the Xelento concerning stage width / sound quality and versatility with tips).

Jan 14, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #2,659 of 2,949
Can anyone who listens primarily to classical music (Western, mostly orchestral), comment on Xelento V1 vs V2? I have both Xelento Wired V1 and the Sennheiser IE800S. I prefer the IE800S for classical, the soundstage is more open and detailed, but the Xelento V1 is considerably more comfortable and ergonomic. I would really like to get the Xelento V2 if it approaches or is better than the IE800S for classical. Also, would the IE900 be a consideration for this purpose, although it is far too expensive new for my budget.

Many thanks!

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #2,660 of 2,949
I would say IER Z1R is still like an absolute reference for sound quality after so many years .. Unfortunately, they are note really comfortable and mmcx connector rather weak (like Sennheiser IE600 IE900), but till now only the Xelento (Gen 1) allows me to sleep with the head on my side and not feeling them (with proper tips) while sound quality is really "good" though I apply some PEQ to adjust high frequencies to my taste ..
I have no idea about CA Atlas..

So, for my use, the Xelento with an Ifi Go Blu, Fiio BTR7 or Shanling UP4 2022 is a real keeper ...

If mine dies in the future, I will straight away order them again, for sure... no competitors for the ratio sound quality/comfort & size (in a way the little IE800 is more or less in the same league too, but still a bit behind the Xelento concerning stage width / sound quality and versatility with tips).
The Atlas and IER Z1R both presented challenges when it came to fit , comfort wise as well as in terms of audio performance. Silicone custom tips from Custom Art solved the problem.They're both very comfortable as well as delivering optimum performance. The Atlas are great and easy to drive. The Sonys ,fantastic ,but more difficult to drive from a Sony DAP . Hence my decision on the Xelento 2. An updated dynamic sound , great fit , and easy to drive.
I'm cooling down a bit now , so will probably persevere with attempting to lay my mitts on a pair of , erstwhile , elusive v2s.
I'd still appreciate others thoughts on the v1 vs v2.
Many thanks!

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #2,661 of 2,949
This jewelery of an IEM immediately sparked my interest but I was held back by the €999 price tag. Now comes January and I got a nice corporate discount so I clicked the buy button. Not even 24h after ordering I have this gem in my ears.

This is to date my most expensive IEM and without hesitation I can say this is a keeper.

5da87cbb4371ffb4c43a7bed05ea953261a88b27.jpeg

Day 1 impressions​

• adjectives that come to mind: orotund, sonorous, bassy, warm, powerful, lush, high-quality, capable, non-fatiguing
  • Build, packaging and finish is impeccable. The whole product experience feels premium right from opening the box to assembling the set.
  • The buds are very small and fit like nothing in the ears. Very comfortable.
  • The 11mm DD sounds high quality and technically proficient
  • Most coherent single DD I experienced to date
  • Sound signature is bass focused, flat upper midrange (1kHz - 4kHz) has just enough power to not sound hollow
  • pinna gain is minimal but somehow I don’t care or feel it lacking
  • guitar plucks, hi-hats, cymbal strikes sound natural
  • addicting bass performance
  • treble is well extended and has satisfying zing
  • Western tuned IEM
  • Has that distinct Beyerdynamic Tesla driver flavor
Best genres/sound styles: EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Bass guitar, Drum 'n Bass, Drums,
Not recommended for: K-Pop, high pitch vocal tracks

a9f7d0959ff15d4d0a7b6ac433deebfcda84bd05.jpeg

f280f417e0bead6d00300630899efd4312e98eec.jpeg

9fde9141bf0de556b176745309c8756e585a6822.jpeg

a3a0d9c29f18b7c67b0d6c8d87f9b1961b480589.jpeg

Oh and btw the burn-in effect is real. I measured this on several DD sets now. Most notable changes are at roughly around 3-4 h playtime, not ridiculous 200h.
ec0baadf949b42f54d918e79ce108caa9d93b3bf.png

Beyerdynamic Xelento 2nd Gen Frequency Response Graph

https://harpo.squig.link/index.html?share=Beyerdynamic_Xelento_2._Gen

1673721836759.png

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #2,662 of 2,949
This jewelery of an IEM immediately sparked my interest but I was held back by the €999 price tag. Now comes January and I got a nice corporate discount so I clicked the buy button. Not even 24h after ordering I have this gem in my ears.

This is to date my most expensive IEM and without hesitation I can say this is a keeper.

Day 1 impressions​

• adjectives that come to mind: orotund, sonorous, bassy, warm, powerful, lush, high-quality, capable, non-fatiguing
  • Build, packaging and finish is impeccable. The whole product experience feels premium right from opening the box to assembling the set.
  • The buds are very small and fit like nothing in the ears. Very comfortable.
  • The 11mm DD sounds high quality and technically proficient
  • Most coherent single DD I experienced to date
  • Sound signature is bass focused, flat upper midrange (1kHz - 4kHz) has just enough power to not sound hollow
  • pinna gain is minimal but somehow I don’t care or feel it lacking
  • guitar plucks, hi-hats, cymbal strikes sound natural
  • addicting bass performance
  • treble is well extended and has satisfying zing
  • Western tuned IEM
  • Has that distinct Beyerdynamic Tesla driver flavor
Best genres/sound styles: EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Bass guitar, Drum 'n Bass, Dru

Oh and btw the burn-in effect is real. I measured this on several DD sets now. Most notable changes are at roughly around 3-4 h playtime, not ridiculous 200h.

Beyerdynamic Xelento 2nd Gen Frequency Response Graph

https://harpo.squig.link/index.html?share=Beyerdynamic_Xelento_2._Gen
Congrats! They'll get better; just keep listening and enjoying and as the hours mount - you'll see!

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #2,663 of 2,949
Yeah I love mine, a fantastic IEM that I can enjoy pretty much any genre I listen to.

Jan 14, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #2,664 of 2,949
Hello, I have v1 Xelento for a few years now, love them, particularly for comfort with their great ear tips that don’t penetrate the ear canal. I tried a lot of IEMs and different tips but I can’t stand them for more that 5-10 minutes.

Now I'd like to try something else than my Xelento but all I see is IEM's with regular tips that you insert in the ear.

Any of you guys have tried other IEM with similar tips as Xelento? Would the new v2 be enough different then my v1 to justify changing?

Many thanks.

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #2,666 of 2,949
Hello, I have v1 Xelento for a few years now, love them, particularly for comfort with their great ear tips that don’t penetrate the ear canal. I tried a lot of IEMs and different tips but I can’t stand them for more that 5-10 minutes.

Now I'd like to try something else than my Xelento but all I see is IEM's with regular tips that you insert in the ear.

Any of you guys have tried other IEM with similar tips as Xelento? Would the new v2 be enough different then my v1 to justify changing?

Many thanks.
The new version is very similar to the A&K T8iE Mk1. Xelentos OG have slightly more peaky higher mids and trebles. Everything else seem to be very similar.

Jan 14, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #2,667 of 2,949

Many thanks.

As I really enjoy them too, I often use Xelento Gen 1 and Gen 2 (I bought from Beyerdynmic 25€) ear tips with some other IEMs .. like Wu Zetian, Truthear X zero or even Jabra Elite 7 pro or Samsung Buds2 pro.
Now my favourite tips are from Xelento Gen 2, though these last months, I found the SpinFit CP360 very very soft and comfortable when inserted in the ear canal and they seal perfectly well too (more low frequencies) but they stay a bit better in place than Xelento's one in the ears when laying down with the head on the side....

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #2,669 of 2,949
Thanks! If I may ask, which one of these three you enjoy the most with Xelento?

Unfortunately, I had 2 iFi Go Blu which died after a few months or a year, probably by using a wrong "power supply" .. it's not well protected.
But concerning sound quality and comfort :

1) iFi Go Blu's sound quality with Xelento have some permanent background hiss in balanced cable mode, but it is really very good and convincing with unbalanced cable. It's a very compact BT receiver with a good range at 990Kbps, and the best playing time length (12 hours or more in single ended mode). I like the 2 dsp features for low volume level (xbass and xspace). So it could have been my preferred dongle, without the issues.

2) BTR7 is a too bulky BT dongle (with a good 990kBps range), with a very low playing time length.. sound quality is very good and totally hiss free with any IEM, it's abit more powerful quite able to drive properly some Headphones. I don't like to use this dongle as it is too bulky with a too short playing time.

3) Shanling UP4 2022 is in between, hiss free with Xelento in balanced mode, but the sound is a bit less convincing than the iFi Go Blu. Playing time is also a bit shorter than the iFi Go Blu (between 1 to 2 hours less). Actually I am using this one every night until the iFi Go Blu will come back from service.. if it is serviced under warranty.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #2,670 of 2,949
As I really enjoy them too, I often use Xelento Gen 1 and Gen 2 (I bought from Beyerdynmic 25€) ear tips with some other IEMs .. like Wu Zetian, Truthear X zero or even Jabra Elite 7 pro or Samsung Buds2 pro.
Now my favourite tips are from Xelento Gen 2, though these last months, I found the SpinFit CP360 very very soft and comfortable when inserted in the ear canal and they seal perfectly well too (more low frequencies) but they stay a bit better in place than Xelento's one in the ears when laying down with the head on the side....
Hey thanks, I feel like an idiot, never thought about the fact that Xelento ear tips could be used with other IEMs. For some reason I thought Xelento were somehow tweaked and designed sound wise to use these tips since they sit farther away outside the ear canal. I thought other IEMs would sound like crap with those tips! hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back