Beyerdynamic T90 & Schiit Asgard2
Aug 7, 2014 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

pmihalik

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
I am new to this world so please excuse my ignorance. I am very keen to go back to vinyl and after reading a lot of reviews I have narrowed down to following combo:
- Pro-ject Debut III turntable
- Schiit Asgard2 headphone amp
- Beyerdynamic T90 headphone
- undecided on speakers yet

Does any of you have any experience with above? Any advice or comment is highly appreciated!

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 39
T90 is a great headphone but highs can be very harsh before burn-in. And of course it's Beyerdynamic. If you don't like treble, don't get T90 or any Beyerdynamic headphone.

But aside from that, it's a fantastic headphone, probably the best I've heard in terms of detail, sharpness, and fidelity. So clear, so great.

I recommend a tube amp with T90. Like I said, it can be harsh sometimes. Also, it will not forgive poor recordings or gear. It will not miss any sizzle in the record.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 39
Nothing will solve t90s thin sound except rolling them down in EQ 
They have many peaks in the treble and mids , once treated they can be a very good headphone , great clarity and fidelity 

And no , not all Beyers have a bright treble , the DT-150s , 880s (Tubed) etc are all having balanced highs 

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 39
I'm thinking of selling my Vali and using the Modi DAC with an Asgard 2 and T90s. Do you have any insight on this combo? Do you think the Modi DAC will match the quality of the Asgard 2 and T90s or do you think I should upgrade my DAC as well?

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 39
I'm thinking of selling my Vali and using the Modi DAC with an Asgard 2 and T90s. Do you have any insight on this combo? Do you think the Modi DAC will match the quality of the Asgard 2 and T90s or do you think I should upgrade my DAC as well?

I would say to just keep using the Modi DAC.
Are you not happy with the Vali/T90 combo?

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #11 of 39

I would say to just keep using the Modi DAC.
Are you not happy with the Vali/T90 combo?

It's not that it sounds terrible, but I tested my T90s on a more powerful amp yesterday and the extra power seemed to bring out some pleasant bass. It could just be that that amp didn't have a flat EQ but I have heard of others having a similar experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 39
Try the Project Ember and keep the Modi

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 39
It's not that it sounds terrible, but I tested my T90s on a more powerful amp yesterday and the extra power seemed to bring out some pleasant bass. It could just be that that amp didn't have a flat EQ but I have heard of others having a similar experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

T90 needs very little power, so it's not power what brought out the bass.

1- The more powerful amp is not flat
2- The more powerful amp has a high output impedance, making the T90 warmer.

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 39
  Hi everyone,
I am new to this world so please excuse my ignorance. I am very keen to go back to vinyl and after reading a lot of reviews I have narrowed down to following combo:
- Pro-ject Debut III turntable
- Schiit Asgard2 headphone amp
- Beyerdynamic T90 headphone
- undecided on speakers yet

Does any of you have any experience with above? Any advice or comment is highly appreciated!

Have the Asgard 2 and it works very well with my Beyer T1.
It's a slightly warm solid state amplifier, so it might gently pair with the T90 as well.

Best Luck!

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 39

Cool, so it sounds like you have a justifiable reason, for getting a new amplifier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back