Beyerdynamic T70?
Aug 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spastic

Head-Fier
Hello

I currently own an ATH-A2000X and HD600 and I love both of their sound signatures. I was browsing through eBay and saw a T70 going for 100$ at an auction with only one bidder (yes it's real) and I was wondering whether I should go for it since I'm a bit curious about Beyerdynamic headphones. I've read several impressions who thought the T70 was a bright sounding headphone but I've taken a look at the frequency response chart and it seems to be the contrary where treble seems to have a spike but slightly recessed in comparison to the mids and bass.

(all rights go to HeadRoom for the frequency response chart)

My question is, does the T70 faithfully reproduce the Beyerdynamic sound or is there another headphone in this price range (300-500$) that does a better job? Should I buy the T70 or consider another headphone?

Cheers.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'll be using a Fostex HP-A3.

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 7
I used to own the T70, and the treble certainly isn't recessed at all. It is a little bright imo, but the treble is relatively smooth despite the brightness. It does reveal sibilance and harsh tracks though. That being said, I used the T70s with a Little Dot MK IV SE so that probably helped to tame the treble.

If you like the hd600 and ATH-A2000x, stick with them imo. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 7
 It is a little bright imo, but the treble is relatively smooth despite the brightness. It does reveal sibilance and harsh tracks though.

Hmm... MalVeauX seemed to have a similar observation, I'll keep this in mind.

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Hmm... MalVeauX seemed to have a similar observation, I'll keep this in mind.

I like the sound of the Beyer T70, not a really bassy headphone, but enough for me.
But the Clarity is what I like about it and at 250-Ohm, it a good sounding closed headphone I can run from my Yamaha RX-671 receiver.
I paid $320 for a used pair, which i might be willing spend again, if I needed another pair, but would not pay the new price.
If you can get that used T70 for under $250 (shipped), I think it would be a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back