Beyerdynamic T5p VS Fostex TH900 have you guys ever tried ab comparison?
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

maii

Head-Fier
Hi I own T5p and was thinking to upgrade to Fostex TH900. I have never try to compare them. My aim is to use with AK120 direct connect no amp.

If you guys have tried them it would be great to share your experiences. 

Befor I ended with T5p I have tried all the best closed can for such Ultrasone ed8, Denon DT7000 and some other cans and end up with T5p for sound quality.

Thank you in advance.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I think there are no direct comparisons as these headphones are as different as it gets... both are uable with mobile devices even without an amp, but thats about where the similarities end.

Isolation is very good with the T5p, much less so with the TH900, which many consider 'almost open' in that regard. The TH900 has massive bass (very clear and well structured, not muddy or simply overblown) -- too much for my taste actually. The T5p could well use a bit more, but reaches deep and is very clear. Still so different that I'd say if you like one of them you won't like the other.

The T5p overall is brighter (though not sibilant, just well defined and clear) while the TH900 is more U-shaped with slightly taken back midrange. To me treble on the TH900 sounds less well defined than on the T5p.

I'd say it depends a lot on your musical preferences... the TH900 (and its brother TH600) are often said to be the perfect headphones for EDM and electronics (I can understand that classification, though I disagree).

If you know the Denon D7000 the TH900 is often said to be a refined version of that can. Better structured bass, a bit smoother, but a bit less fun sounding (can't comment on that as I've never directly compared them and only know the D7000 in passing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back