Beyerdynamic T5p portable amp?
Mar 20, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 21
the DAC section in the TTVJ Slim is strickly for use with computers, I-device won't work with him (through the iPad Camera kit you possibly can) and it will work as amplifier,which is the area the ipod mostly lacks, and not in the DAC section, I'l wait until some thinner and cheaper competitors to the CLAS and HP-P1 will come before I think about DAC-bypassing on my iPod.

Hope it helps.

Yes that helps =]
Since the TTVJ and Headstage are both similar in price which would you recommend more strictly for portable use considering that's my main concern (the usb dac with my computer would be very nice but I can live without it)

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #17 of 21
I think the Headstage Arrow will be a more proper choice for you ( Bass boost, Smaller the the TTVJ) but the extremely longI waiting list is not a something I am ready to go for Bass boost feature( the Arrow has a waiting list of 6-8 months).

The T5p lack of doesn't disturb me and the sound signature of the TTVJ will perfectly fit my type of music and my personal taste (smooth low bass, very clear midrange and a bit peaky treble)

My recommendation is to raise money now and check every day to 2nd hand Arrow 12HE and if you'l not find soon buy the TTVJ.

Hope it Helps.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #18 of 21
I think the Headstage Arrow will be a more proper choice for you ( Bass boost, Smaller the the TTVJ) but the extremely longI waiting list is not a something I am ready to go for Bass boost feature( the Arrow has a waiting list of 6-8 months).

The T5p lack of doesn't disturb me and the sound signature of the TTVJ will perfectly fit my type of music and my personal taste (smooth low bass, very clear midrange and a bit peaky treble)

My recommendation is to raise money now and check every day to 2nd hand Arrow 12HE and if you'l not find soon buy the TTVJ.

Hope it Helps.

Thanks so much for the responses. I will look out for a headstage arrow. I'm still split between the two because I wouldn't mind being about to use the TTVJ with my computer since my laptop's onboard sound card is **** and I don't have an external dac yet... But at the same time I rarely listen to music from my computer and the Headstage arrow looks more appropriate for my use =)

May 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #19 of 21
Hi
I have been using the T5p since sept '11. As a lover of of good quality bass I was sceptical about getting these headphones at the start as I had heard about the holes in the bass frequencies. However having spoken to Ken Ball I bought them re-cabled with the SXC cable from ALO audio. Initially these were a little bright as silver cable can be and the burn in time took a few months. Once they settled however I must say the bass response is glorious. I recently had the pleasure of comparing them to the standard cabled versions out of a desktop Lehmann amp at the beyer stand in the Munich Hi end show and the benefits of recalling we're obvious..
I use the CLAS, Continental combination and although neither slim nor cheep I couln't recommend them highly enough.
I also had a chance to briefly hear what the CLAS, ALO Rx Mk3 combo sounds like with the recabled T5p -simply glorious. I will be ordering one.
The recalled T5p sound remarkably good straight out of an I device or my Samsung galaxy S also.
Finally other than the The Stax SR 009 playing through a little known ( new start up) German valve amp and external dac and possibly the Hifiman HE6 v. Little even came close IMHO to my T5p.
You have made a great choice with the headphones why not consider recabling.

Regards.

May 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #20 of 21
Hi
I have been using the T5p since sept '11. As a lover of of good quality bass I was sceptical about getting these headphones at the start as I had heard about the holes in the bass frequencies. However having spoken to Ken Ball I bought them re-cabled with the SXC cable from ALO audio. Initially these were a little bright as silver cable can be and the burn in time took a few months. Once they settled however I must say the bass response is glorious. I recently had the pleasure of comparing them to the standard cabled versions out of a desktop Lehmann amp at the beyer stand in the Munich Hi end show and the benefits of recalling we're obvious..
I use the CLAS, Continental combination and although neither slim nor cheep I couln't recommend them highly enough.
I also had a chance to briefly hear what the CLAS, ALO Rx Mk3 combo sounds like with the recabled T5p -simply glorious. I will be ordering one.
The recalled T5p sound remarkably good straight out of an I device or my Samsung galaxy S also.
Finally other than the The Stax SR 009 playing through a little known ( new start up) German valve amp and external dac and possibly the Hifiman HE6 v. Little even came close IMHO to my T5p.
You have made a great choice with the headphones why not consider recabling.
Regards.

Interesting.
My beyer cable broke so I'll need to get it repaired/recabled anyway. From what you said I shot alo a message and will hopefully be able to recable them for a reasonable price.
I'll also look at the clas+rx mk3 combo.
At the moment I use the fiio e17 (much cheaper option).
It would be hard for me to carry around such an enormous stack of hardware though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back