beyerdynamic T5p Generation 2 Impressions thread
Jan 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
well, beyerdynamic announced the new T5p Gen 2 (T5p.2 ?)

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/mobile-portable/t-5-p-2-gen.html

I don't see an MSRP, but I assume it will be the same as the T1, but who knows.

Post your impressions here

NEW SOUND TUNING
At the heart of the T 5 p is its ground-breaking Tesla technology, which delivers maximum efficiency and crystal-clear sound. The optimised systems feature a warm sound quality and precise bass reproduction.  The result is an even more solid sound and a balanced, first-class listening experience. 
We have optimised the geometry of the baffle design from the foundations up. A stable high-tech compound material reduces unwanted vibrations and provides exceptional harmonic sound reproduction with silky treble frequencies. The tilted systems deliver an extremely spacious sound with a wide soundstage and a transparency usually reserved only for open systems.

Features

1. Closed design (excellent isolation of ambient noises)
  2. Tesla technology with an exceptional neutral sound transmission and highest efficiency
  3. Low impedance (32 Ohms)
  4. Double-sided, detachable and textile braided cable (1.4m) with OCC 7N copper conductor
  5. Breathable, super-soft velours ear cushions with memory foam
  6. Luxury grade hard carry case
  7. Hand crafted "Made in Germany"
  8. 5-years warranty

web-pic_t5p-2nd-generation_15-11_perspective_v1.jpg

web-pic_t5p-2nd-generation_15-11_perspective-ground_v1.jpg

web-pic_t5p-2nd-generation_15-11_front_v1.jpg

web-pic_t5p-2nd-generation_15-11_side_v1.jpg

web-pic_akt1p-t5p-2nd-generation_15-08_cable-plugs-standart-detail_v1.jpg

web-pic_t5p-2nd-generation_15-11_case_v1.jpg

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 30
  The Beyerdynamic A2 is $600 which is out of range for me, and I have not seen them used or in Amazon warehouse deals, so is there something more affordable that will bring out the T5 p's best while not breaking the bank?

While this thread would target the new generation, you can find some info on the original T5p here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/499215/beyerdynamic-t5p-photos-and-first-impressions

Regarding amps for the T5p: I think the A20 is a good choice. I also liked the combination with the Fostex HP-V1 which has a tube preamp section, is a bit softer than most pure solid state amps and played well with the original T5p.

Besides that, I think the A2 is 1600,-... 600,- would be a steal.
  I don't see an MSRP, but I assume it will be the same as the T1, but who knows.

In Europe the MSRP is the same as with the T1.2, i.e. €990,-

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 30
When will these be availible to order in North America?

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 30
With regards to the case. I recently got a DT 1770, and case looks pretty similar. If it's the same case, I'm not impressed. It seems a bit flimsy. 

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 30
  With regards to the case. I recently got a DT 1770, and case looks pretty similar. If it's the same case, I'm not impressed. It seems a bit flimsy. 

While I think the same about the DT1770 case, the T5p case on the product photos looks like it's the same as with the T1.2 -- and thats quite fine.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 30
Yeah they are available for order on the US site also. I tried to order it but my credit card kept getting declined. I'll wait until it shows up on Amazon.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #9 of 30
  Yeah they are available for order on the US site also. I tried to order it but my credit card kept getting declined. I'll wait until it shows up on Amazon.

Are you specifically getting the T5p over the T1 because of the low ohm, or are there other reasons?

I think the T5p sound is amazing but I tripped over the cord and thought....man, I wish it was detachable!  

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 30

Are you specifically getting the T5p over the T1 because of the low ohm, or are there other reasons?

I think the T5p sound is amazing but I tripped over the cord and thought....man, I wish it was detachable!  

I plan to own both. I like both open and closed back options for convenience. And Yes I wish my current T5p had a detachable cable, and I also look forward to the extra warmth promised in the new one.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #11 of 30
I was told the T5p 2. will be available for shipping to the US in about 4 weeks.

I just notched that this new version will not include the 3m extention cable that came with the original, that is unfortunate because that cable was useful.

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #14 of 30
I received my pair today. Definetly warmer, bass is punchier and sub bass is more present, but they are still not for bass heads. Treble is turned down a little...not sure I hear the same level of detail up there, but nothing disconcering. However this is still just a first impression within the first hour. No telling how burn in might effect anything. And I may be wrong, but I don't think these isolate as well as the original. I perceive more sound leakage than the original. Anyway I already packed my orginal back in it's box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back