Beyerdynamic - t50p - Better than at arrival.
Jan 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

headed

New Head-Fier
Better than at arrival.

This text was also, by mistake, placed in the review section ...

headed reviewed January 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm
Hi, just want to tell everyone wondering over the sensitivity of the t50p regarding positioning over the ear. I was initially disappointed with this peculiar behaviour of the ear phone when I first got them. Also, there were particular "standing waves" at certain frequencies that disturbed, at least, me.

I bought mine slightly used, and the guy selling them contributed an extra pair of ear pads. These were also softer than the original ones, also a little bit thinner.  I got the idea to mount these ear pads straight on to the original ones, to get a little bigger "acoustic room" than before. And, behold (!), the positioning sensitivity was gone! The "standing waves" were also gone! With this little tweak I am listening with great satisfaction.

I really suggest anyone having these ear phones to try this out. It was a "new" sound to me.
It would really be nice to hear from any of you, if you had the same experience as I did.

Also, using EQ to dampen the big spike around 10-16 khz, dampen the mid 250-1000 Hz a little and and increase a little around 4 khz gave extra life to them. 

Hear you later  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back