Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Aug 22, 2020 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 712

Malevolent

Headphoneus Supremus
Beyerdynamic has announced the all-new 3rd Generation of the T5 (they've dropped the "p" suffix).

Source: https://global.beyerdynamic.com/t5.html

1598955880582.png

Thanks to @donthuang, I've managed to locate this little gem -

1598129862656.png

Looks like the 3rd Generation of the T5p will be released imminently. :)

Source: https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product...adphones-3rd-gen.-Black/1760051?p=Dy0lc_uPhEs

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 712
It's time to abuse my wallet! Make that wallet suffer!

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 712
"Clear and authentic sound" is the description of signature. Usually Beyer are fairly accurate with their wording, so this is promising if "clear and authentic sound" means linear and neutral.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #8 of 712
"Clear and authentic sound" is the description of signature. Usually Beyer are fairly accurate with their wording, so this is promising if "clear and authentic sound" means linear and neutral.
Beyerdynamic surely knows how to develop greater sound and headphones. I have no doubt on the 3rd. It's been like 3-4 months ago since I was excited to get some new headphone.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 712
Beyerdynamic surely knows how to develop greater sound and headphones. I have no doubt on the 3rd. It's been like 3-4 months ago since I was excited to get some new headphone.
I agree. There's something special about the 2nd gen T5 that really stayed with me. Outstanding imaging and timbre. Look forward to seeing and hearing the new version.

Aug 22, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #10 of 712
I agree. There's something special about the 2nd gen T5 that really stayed with me. Outstanding imaging and timbre. Look forward to seeing and hearing the new version.
Oh, heck. I was ready to pounce on the WP900, actually; however, the imminent release of the T5p (3rd Gen) has thrown a spanner into the works. I'll probably wait for this to be released before making a decision. I really like the 2nd Generation T5p - it's one of my most-used headphones.

Aug 22, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #11 of 712
The highs are also silky smooth and yet the treble are so very clear too.

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 712
I really like the 2nd Generation T5p - it's one of my most-used headphones.

If you are really happy with your 2nd gen, why buy this new version? It will be expensive at first and you might not like some of the changes (if any) that they made to the signature.

Aug 22, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 712
If you are really happy with your 2nd gen, why buy this new version? It will be expensive at first and you might not like some of the changes (if any) that they made to the signature.
Nah, I understand Malevolent. For example, I own Amiron Home and Amiron Wireless. They each sounds very different despite the same name. Both are damn amazing. We'll never know for sure how the T5 sounds unless we MUST. TEAR. OUR. WALLET. APART!

Aug 23, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 712
The 3rd generation looks a cheaper compared to 2nd gen. The metal cut of the T5p is missing. The outside of the cup seems to be a print not a pattern anymore.

I'm a fan of the 2nd generation, but it requires a lot of effort to make it work. The stock pads are absolute uncomfortable disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back