Beyerdynamic T1 vs Sennheiser HD800 (with poll)
Jan 28, 2010 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I haven't yet bought the T1s, but I'm very tempted.....I thought this would be a platform to discuss the direct differences between these two flagship headphones. Questions like which is faster, which has a more lush midrange, more bass....etc.

Please only vote in the poll if you fit the criteria.

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering a large number of members are still waiting on their T1 and the HD800 has been out for months its too early for this poll.

the poll will be open for 500 days:)

I figured I'd start it now though.....anyone who is familiar with both is definitely welcomed to vote.

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #4 of 46
based on 5 minutes with the HD800, and reviews of the T1, I didn't like the HD800 and I am pretty sure I'd like the T1 quite a bit (I didn't vote
wink.gif
)

Jan 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't yet bought the T1s, but I'm very tempted.....I thought this would be a platform to discuss the direct differences between these two flagship headphones. Questions like which is faster, which has a more lush midrange, more bass....etc.

Please only vote in the poll if you fit the criteria.

I heard T1 just since two hours, so it is too soon to answer. But David, buy AKG K1000 first.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #14 of 46
There is no option "I DON'T OWN either of these headphones, and I HAVE NOT TRIED either, but I still want to press something"
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 46
Before picking up the T1s, I did manage to audition the HD800s 3 separate times. The final time was for about 30 minutes with my own tube amp at a very customer friendly HiFi store.

I thought the HD800 was indeed a very impressive headphone with incredible sound staging capabilities, each time I would listen to it, that high impression seemed to lessen. I think that these are impressive headphones, but I do listen to a lot of rock and I found them somewhat lacking with this genre.

The T1s for me are a very special headphone and I have written a couple mini reviews on the T1 thread if you're interested. They have continually impressed me with regards to what ever music I've thrown at them and continue to be incredibly clear and neutral (although on the warm side of neutral) without being overly clinical.

I am looking forward to others' impressions as the T1s begin to ship out to customers!
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back