Beyerdynamic T1 and amp pairing help (on a budget T_T)
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #31 of 38

Quote:
I am a student with a friday evening/saturday job. xD

Okay, should i shoot for a WA2 or WA6SE, there is only a $40 difference.
which would be considered a "better" pairing with the T1?

this is an easy question. The WA2 hands down is the better pair when it comes to the T1. 

Not that the WA6-SE is bad, its an amazing amp and you would be happy with the T1 with it too, however, the WA2 just takes it to another level. the WA2 also, is way different in sound compared to the WA3. The WA2 just brings everything thats good about the T1 to life. 

great detail, beautiful mids, and smoothens up the highs. you would be set for many years to come with such a great combo.

unless you got the cash for a WA22 or better, the WA2 is THE amp to get for the T1

sure its expensive, but so is the T1, and you should really  buy an amp thats in the same tier as the headphone to get the most out of it.
you don't want to bottleneck the t1 because you wouldn't be getting your moneys worth.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #32 of 38
awesome thanks :D i was kinda set until you sent that.
as happy as i am i now have to pick between decware and woo audio.
hell ill probably end up buying both...
hmm
head-fi is funny.
budget :- £400.
thread conclusion:- buy TWO $1000 amps.

hmm... :wink:

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
head-fi is funny.

+1

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #34 of 38

Quote:
awesome thanks :D i was kinda set until you sent that.
as happy as i am i now have to pick between decware and woo audio.
hell ill probably end up buying both...
hmm
head-fi is funny.

I wouldn't assume $1000. You should email them about VAT. The WA2 becomes $1300 not including shipping with Europe's 20% VAT. A jump from £400 to £900 approximately should be treated with caution, it is easy to let your spending get out of hand.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #35 of 38

Quote:
I wouldn't assume $1000. You should email them about VAT. The WA2 becomes $1300 not including shipping with Europe's 20% VAT. A jump from £400 to £900 approximately should be treated with caution, it is easy to let your spending get out of hand.

The way i saw to get around VAT in Europe was that i have family in America who can hold things for me (ie i buy it and send the package to their house with UK plug etc), they Travel to poland frequently. some of my other Family in the UK also travel to Poland frequently so...  and go to the same house (who happens to be one of my great aunts) FamilyA>poland>familyB>UK

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #36 of 38
I just got my t1 today and they drive out my note 4 just fine. I do occasionally drive them out a cayin c5 and an anthem 310 av reciever all sounds about the same just more volume ability

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #38 of 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Back