Beyerdynamic T1 and amp pairing help (on a budget T_T)
Jan 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 38

Quote:
Have you considered putting your current budget away and saving for a bit longer to get a nicer amp?
You're just shy of some really good ones.

yes i have. but i keep staring at my T1's and wanting to listen to them with another amp other than the asgard. when i auditioned them with WA6 i loved it... but doesn't sound in the same league with my SS amp.
you say just shy.. what amps are you talking about? i can wait like 2 weeks to get an extra £100 to spend on the amp.
but thats about it xD

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 38

Quote:
I haven't heard the asgard, but I can say in comparison to some other amps that the canamp was very enjoyable to listen to when I heard it, it made the T1 sound very musical, where as my current amp the classic sounds more detailed. At it's price its hard to beat, but in comparison to something like the WA6 its no contest, Woo is leagues ahead.

If i can find a shop that has the Canamp on display ill go view them., bring my T1's along :wink: since i have day off tomorrow (lucky me)

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #18 of 38

Quote:
yes i have. but i keep staring at my T1's and wanting to listen to them with another amp other than the asgard. when i auditioned them with WA6 i loved it... but doesn't sound in the same league with my SS amp.
you say just shy.. what amps are you talking about? i can wait like 2 weeks to get an extra £100 to spend on the amp.
but thats about it xD

Well you said what, £400? That's about $630 today... Another £200-£250/$300-400 and you're looking at a WA6SE, or WA2. I don't know anything about your income or budgeting situation, but I would hold out a bit longer and shoot for a higher model and avoid the urge to upgrade.

Poor man pays twice as they say
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #19 of 38

Quote:
If i can find a shop that has the Canamp on display ill go view them., bring my T1's along :wink: since i have day off tomorrow (lucky me)

I wouldn't put your hope up too high re: canamp, my impression on it was that it wasn't terribly powerful .....it certainly unable to handle 64 ohms JVC DX1000....

For SS amp at that price range, could also check out violectric camp as well.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #20 of 38

Quote:

Well you said what, £400? That's about $630 today... Another £200-£250/$300-400 and you're looking at a WA6SE, or WA2. I don't know anything about your income or budgeting situation, but I would hold out a bit longer and shoot for a higher model and avoid the urge to upgrade.

Poor man pays twice as they say
wink.gif

I am a student with a friday evening/saturday job. xD

Okay, should i shoot for a WA2 or WA6SE, there is only a $40 difference.
which would be considered a "better" pairing with the T1?

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #21 of 38

Quote:
I wouldn't put your hope up too high re: canamp, my impression on it was that it wasn't terribly powerful .....it certainly unable to handle 64 ohms JVC DX1000....

For SS amp at that price range, could also check out violectric camp as well.

I tried this amp today, it was a little bit of a let down, like the asgard... many of the same problems, above all just wasn't engaging enough for my liking. i felt far too detached, the bass felt a little flabby and it just wasnt a lovely sound to me.
sounded excellent through a vahalla they had stocked though. if i dont go for a $1000 Woo audio amp, which as a student is an absolute bomb, ill be looking into it. cant help but notice you are from london too, do you know anywhere in the area that stocks woo audio amps? id rather try before i buy.

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #22 of 38

Quote:
I tried this amp today, it was a little bit of a let down, like the asgard... many of the same problems, above all just wasn't engaging enough for my liking. i felt far too detached, the bass felt a little flabby and it just wasnt a lovely sound to me.
sounded excellent through a vahalla they had stocked though. if i dont go for a $1000 Woo audio amp, which as a student is an absolute bomb, ill be looking into it. cant help but notice you are from london too, do you know anywhere in the area that stocks woo audio amps? id rather try before i buy.

Sorry, no idea where to test out woo amps. Apart from woo, you could also check out Decware, apparently good match for T1. For Violectric, Thomann online shop you have 30 days return - unclear how good their lower range is though. For some of the pro amp you maybe able to try out in pro audio shop.

Suspect woo 2 better match due to OTL design* - I am sure quite a few here could advise you on that.

* Do be awared it is good for higher ohms phones but not so good with lower ohms phones though.

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #24 of 38
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #26 of 38

Quote:
In case solid state is still an option you'll consider, I would suggest the Meier JAZZ. It's well within your budget

yes i am still considering everything. would prefer a tube as i already have an SS amp, but if an SS is what will do the trick ill be happy to.
i now have about 10 different options :wink:

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #28 of 38
hmm. $900.. i should have that amount within a few weeks.. i hope :wink:

still over initial budget. its £560... so.

I think as this is only just over (30% is just in the audiophile world. my poor poor wallet).. and it looks and hopefully sounds damned sexy it goes into 1st choice.
wont go for the woo amps apart from WA6/WA3 cos i cant afford the WA2.
then the schiit vahalla is still in there but its a kinda distant choice now.
Finally decided i dont want two SS amps. im going for tube only now.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #29 of 38
Had a look at this? http://www.head-fi.org/t/402585/review-summary-a-ranking-of-32-tube-and-tube-hybrid-headphone-amps

When I had the T1 I was considering buying a Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball but I don't have the T1 anymore. I believe DIY do offer best value.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #30 of 38

Quote:
Had a look at this? http://www.head-fi.org/t/402585/review-summary-a-ranking-of-32-tube-and-tube-hybrid-headphone-amps

When I had the T1 I was considering buying a Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball but I don't have the T1 anymore. I believe DIY do offer best value.

Decware CSP-2 amp was highest up there that was relatively in my budget. your link helped rather a lot, thanks very much :wink:

you confirmed some sctuff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back