Beyerdynamic T1 Amp Suggestions (on a budget)
Oct 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AdrianDS

New Head-Fier
Ive been looking into the Beyer T1s for a while now, but Im not willing to drop $1000 on these cans without having a proper amp to drive them. My budget is around $500-$800 but I could probably stretch a bit. Im also willing to buy used.

Thx for the suggestions :) 

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianDS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive been looking into the Beyer T1s for a while now, but Im not willing to drop $1000 on these cans without having a proper amp to drive them. My budget is around $500-$800 but I could probably stretch a bit. Im also willing to buy used.

Considering how efficient the T1's are that's not a small budget; that said though some amps do struggle with 600ohm loads still and even if they get loud enough the overall sound is considerably boring compared to a more powerful one (or at least one that is more powerful at 300 to 600ohms, even if it makes less power at 32ohms).

If these will be your reference headphones and you won't get any lower impedance reference headphones to go with them might as well just get the Schiit Valhalla2, which you can also use with most lower impedance headphones without much issue as the typical OTL design (so you can try these out with a Grado SR225e or RS2 later on for more casual, more relaxed listening for example).

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 5
I'd go with this:

http://www.divertech.com/aslmgheaddt.html

And I'd probably find myself using OTL mode rather than OTC.  Of course, this is assuming you have a good source or DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back