Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #391 of 1,833
Sounds like the T1.3's are improvement over the previous models. I need to audition these asap since I sold off my T1.2's in anticipation of these.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #392 of 1,833
My Lotoo Paw Gold Touch drive T1 3rd very impressively, 32 ohm really give a benefit with a portable device.
But I think it is even better when I use Phatlab Chimera.
Widder soundstage, the better resolution also.

50301066948_498bdd0044_6k.jpg

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #394 of 1,833
I want to hear this on my built ecp T3 on low z. Someone has to compare it to the classics. HD800, LCD2/3, HD650
Never mind those also rans...someone needs to compare this to a Vérité :L3000:

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #399 of 1,833
I’m looking forward to trying these 3rd gen units. I just listed my T1.2 for sale because I keep coming back to my Amiron Home and actually enjoy them a good deal more than my T1. I will say, I’ve had a couple T1 over the years and they all sound different, not sure how I feel about that. One had a channel imbalance so bad I returned it after 5 minutes of listening. Hoping this gen is more consistent.

Sep 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #400 of 1,833
I’m looking forward to trying these 3rd gen units. I just listed my T1.2 for sale because I keep coming back to my Amiron Home and actually enjoy them a good deal more than my T1. I will say, I’ve had a couple T1 over the years and they all sound different, not sure how I feel about that. One had a channel imbalance so bad I returned it after 5 minutes of listening. Hoping this gen is more consistent.

I heard different sounding T1.2’s myself. I found recent pairs very consistent on T1.2’s whereas the older ones seemed more erratic. Going by my experience with recent T1’s, I’m going to assume gen 3 will have good consistency.

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #401 of 1,833
Pretty curious about why they chose 32 Ohms instead of 600 on a flagship.

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #403 of 1,833
Me too. I keep coming back too to my Amiron Home because it have the best bass I've ever heard. I'm open to get the T1.3 but waiting for more reviews and opinions here.

I used to be not a basshead and now I am... I blame my Amiron Home :p
Doesn't have the T1.3 elevated bass? And what about the treble? And more piercing "S" like on T1.2?

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #404 of 1,833
Me too. I keep coming back too to my Amiron Home because it have the best bass I've ever heard. I'm open to get the T1.3 but waiting for more reviews and opinions here.

I used to be not a basshead and now I am... I blame my Amiron Home :p
Doesn't have the T1.3 elevated bass? And what about the treble? And more piercing "S" like on T1.2?

I owned the Amiron Home and T1.2 for a while at the same time, always thought the Amiron Home had the slightly sharper treble. Amiron Home had more sub-bass than the T1.2 though which is focused on the midbass. Bass is better on the T1.3 than the Amiron Home imho. T1.3 has less treble than either, does still have a mild bite though.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #405 of 1,833
I owned the Amiron Home and T1.2 for a while at the same time, always thought the Amiron Home had the slightly sharper treble. Amiron Home had more sub-bass than the T1.2 though which is focused on the midbass. Bass is better on the T1.3 than the Amiron Home imho. T1.3 has less treble than either, does still have a mild bite though.
Sharper treble as in sibilance?
And what do you mean with mild bite?
I might lean more towards the T1.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back