Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen vs HD 800S
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #47 of 51
My T1 (2nd Gen) has a slightly brighter treble than my T1 (1st Gen)
Damn this is so confusing...Courtney of Beyerdynamic. Actually the older 2nd gen t1(the earlier ones) are brighter and then the T1gen2 black comes out and ppl say they are darker ...so I just figured it out maybe the newer t1 grey are black models are slightly darker...these headphone companies actually keep tuning their headphones during their production run but one thing is for sure that all of them has the same driver so fidelity wise it's the same

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #48 of 51
Yes, it's likely that they have been tweaking the sound across the years. More so keeping in mind that just a simple difference in the pads' material can make an important difference in the sound.

The driver is not 100% the same, but very similar.

T1 (1st Gen driver)
2.jpg

T1 (2nd Gen driver)
Beyerdynamic_T1_Second_Generation_Tesla_Audiophile_Headphones_2_1024x1024_620x.jpg

The baffle material is also different.
As far as I remember these tweaks were made to decrease some resonances.

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #49 of 51
Yes, it's likely that they have been tweaking the sound across the years. More so keeping in mind that just a simple difference in the pads' material can make an important difference in the sound.

The driver is not 100% the same, but very similar.

T1 (1st Gen driver)
2.jpg

T1 (2nd Gen driver)
Beyerdynamic_T1_Second_Generation_Tesla_Audiophile_Headphones_2_1024x1024_620x.jpg

The baffle material is also different.
As far as I remember these tweaks were made to decrease some resonances.
Great piece of info mate...most ppl in headfi now talk crap nowadays...I read from a thread somewhere that both have the same driver but thanks for clarifying...the tweaking is real

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #50 of 51
Always welcome my friend. I grabbed a used t1.1 in mint condition for 400 bucks on eBay... honestly if u have a tube headphone amplifier even the dark voice, the t1 gen1 is actually magic with it but remember to replace the stocks tubes....I've heard it pairs best with WOO Audio amps...

Pairs very well also with the Felix Elise again with the right tubes. I also have the HD800 which I tend to use with my Felix Euforia. I find both to have a totally different presentation but love them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back