Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen Serial Numbers Theories?
Nov 26, 2021 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

llj5935

New Head-Fier
Recently bought a pair of T1 1st Gen in a serial number of 18xxx
However, I've heard from some rumors that there has been a theory on the 1st Gen Beyerdynamic T1s
It looks like this:
No.1000-3000 The first edition of T1 1st Gen, the best, the most natural sound, the most great headphones
No.3000-8000 Less better, but still really good
No.8000-12000 Less better, less dynamic, less bass, less natural
No.12000+ Junk, sounds like metal, harsh, more high frequency, totally a different earphone model from the first edition of T1

Is that really true?
Can anyone be kind enough to enlighten me?

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 9
I’ve also heard of some revisions along the way. I have had three T1. One was a very early serial T1.1 that I loved, but regrettably sold (lessons learned!). I then got a T1.2 that was OK but didn’t have the same magic so I sold it. A few weeks back I was able to get a late serial T1.1…23,XXX. I love it! Not as “silvery” on the top end as my old T1.1, but a bit more refined tuning overall to my ear. Mine has custom detachable cable mod and I plan on keeping this one a very, very long time. I too would love more info on the supposed changes if anyone has them.

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #3 of 9
I’ve also heard of some revisions along the way. I have had three T1. One was a very early serial T1.1 that I loved, but regrettably sold (lessons learned!). I then got a T1.2 that was OK but didn’t have the same magic so I sold it. A few weeks back I was able to get a late serial T1.1…23,XXX. I love it! Not as “silvery” on the top end as my old T1.1, but a bit more refined tuning overall to my ear. Mine has custom detachable cable mod and I plan on keeping this one a very, very long time. I too would love more info on the supposed changes if anyone has them.
Thanks for your info!
Due to the shortage on the used market, I haven't seen a T1.1 under serial number 10,000 for a long time, maybe I can never get the chance to take it a listen....

Nov 27, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 9
I have a 4968 serial number T1 first gen.

But never have heard any other T1 so I don't know if the comparison lives up. But comparing it to my other headphones, there is a lot that I feel could be improved, so if they did improve them in the later revisions, that might be for the better.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 9
I have a 4968 serial number T1 first gen.

But never have heard any other T1 so I don't know if the comparison lives up. But comparing it to my other headphones, there is a lot that I feel could be improved, so if they did improve them in the later revisions, that might be for the better.
I believe making a series full of variations is silly for a company and it is confusing the customers.

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 9
I believe making a series full of variations is silly for a company and it is confusing the customers.
That is, of course, if this theory is even true.

Perhaps they all sound similar and people back then were just making reasons to help them cope with a sound signature they found they did not appreciate...

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 9
A few weeks back I was able to get a late serial T1.1…23,XXX. I love it! Not as “silvery” on the top end as my old T1.1, but a bit more refined tuning overall to my ear.
Ahhh... I haved owned #1408 of the T1.1 since 2010, and I can definitely relate to that "silvery" quality to which you refer! Love it! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back