beyerdynamic spares, where to order?
Dec 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

wijnands

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

My Dt770 have developed a crack in the left slider. Now I found that beyerdynamic have a slider repair kit (part #  903760) which is already quite expensive at  EUR 17,40 but for them to put it in an envelope and send it to the Netherlands would cost another 17 euros! (shipping to the USA is actually cheaper). I've send mails to a few dealers but with the going rate of 40 euros for a replacement cable that's 25 in Germany I'm not too hopeful.

So I did some searching on ebay and found nothing.

Anyone know of a better source?

Dec 9, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 12
Are you living far away from the german border?

When not and you have the time for driving to germany, search for a Beyerdynamic Dealer in cities like Aachen, Duisburg or Emden. 
I did not expect that shipping from germany is so expensive for such a parcel.

Who is the importeur for Beyerdynamic in the Netherlands? 

In this week I even come to Heilbronn, but that will not help much, when the shipping cost anyway is expensiv in this case. And the spare parts sale at Beyerdynamic closes at friday afternoon soon, when I am coming to Heilbronn.

Heiko

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 12
When I looked at the sight yesterday it was empty.

I've mailed a few dealers, see what happens. If that turns up extortionate prices then I think I'll see about using a German maildrop

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #5 of 12
OK, apparantly the importer has it but now it has crossed the border the price has suddenly increased to 24,59. All I need to find now is a dealer willing to order it without slapping on a fat profit for himself.

Must admit that I am rather disappointed in this.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 12
I've contacted 5 big dealers last week. None of which seem to be willing to order this for me. I think I'll need to see who in Germany owes me a favour.

I also think I am going to stop recommending beyerdynamic products. Yes they're great but if you don't live in the USA or Germany and something breaks you've got a serious problem.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 12
Found two dealers willing to order. List price in NL is 24,59. Add to that another 15 euros in handling costs because it's a spare part. And tax. I'm looking at close to 45 euros then. For headphones that retail new for 129,95.

I've mailed a friend in Germany to ask if he can order it for me and I will send him the money.

I feel rather disappointed by this. :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #8 of 12
After some correspondence with beyer they have agreed to send me the necessary part and for free. While do really appreciate that gesture it does not fix the real issue which is that beyer's support is still geared to treating the DT770 as a model exclusively for the professional market. And that is no longer true.

I think that there's room for any German to start earning a little money on the side by opening an ebay shop for beyer spares.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #9 of 12
Actually the situation for spare parts is quite simple:

If you are living in Germany, you can order spare parts on our German website directly from beyerdynamic:
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts.html

If you are living outside of Germany, it's the respective distributor's duty to handle spare parts business in the region, they are responsible for.
You can find out, which distributor is handling your country on our website, too:
http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/distributors/worldwide.html

In case, you find any trouble, getting the spares you can also directly contact our service department:
service@beyerdynamic.de, phone +49 7131 617-450.
This, though, should always be step 2 only.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #10 of 12
Well, your distributors obviously do not like dealing with spares. And if you expect me to pay 40 euros for a small piece of plastic on a 130 euros headphone you are mistaken.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #11 of 12
  Well, your distributors obviously do not like dealing with spares. And if you expect me to pay 40 euros for a small piece of plastic on a 130 euros headphone you are mistaken.

You are right and absolutely get your point.
But if solution 1 doesn't work the way it should, why blame solution 2 for being not optimal?

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 12
Look... It's quite simple.

Yes you guys came trough when it turned out I was totally stuck. 10/10 for that.

What I am trying to say however is that your dealers aren't keen on doing spares and charge hefty prices for it. I''ll prove it to you. Name me a headphone and a spare for it. I'll ask all of them and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back