1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Pads?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by paulexcellent, Sep 25, 2012.
  1. PaulExcellent
    While waiting for my JVC HA-S500s, I have decided to change my Sol Republic -
    Tracks HD to make them better, as they have a sentimental value to me.
    My plan was to implement new ear cushions to get them the comfort of a 
    full-size headphone, and the size of a portable headphone.

Sadly, it does not seem to be that easy.

After contacting customer support about 5 times, I was told that there was no possible way to
    obtain new ear cushions, (So much for "easily-replaceable parts".) so I decided to browse for
    some that could work. After some time, I found the Beyerdynamic EDT 250 pads on Amazon,
    and it seemed that they could get some work done, but I have no exact measurement for these!

You see, the pads that are used by Sol Republic have 6 plastic divots that are used to hold to the
    sound engine. The Beyerdynamic EDT 250 pads have 4. That seems fine, but I do not know if they
    are compatible! I was hoping that someone with these pads could measure the small divots that
    are used to attach them to the headset. 

31ME9gIRmWL.jpg

As you can see, they seem rather similar, so I was hoping if someone could measure the distance
    between divots, so I could compare them to my sound engine, or if someone knows how to get a
    replacement that could get close to these.

Thank you for your time.