Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohms TUBE AMPS
May 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheStixter

New Head-Fier
I've had a Woo Audio 3 (WA3) in the past to power these bad boys but the output volume was never quite enough. I'd crank up the volume all the way and it would barely be loud enough. 

I listen to a lot of music with bass, mostly rap/hiphop and dance/trance.

Does anybody have experience when it comes to tube amps that power these nicely and allow for plenty of volume.

Budget is anything under $1000

FIRE AWAY!

May 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 7
I had these cans for some time and found the Schiit Valhalla to have been more than enough to get them very loud...

I would recommend the CSP2+ but I can't as mine is currently on the bench at the moment... but assuming I get it soon I have no doubt that I could make such a recommendation at that time.

May 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Not enough? My WA3+ is only at a bit over 1/4 of the volume and it's loud as heck. You'd go deaf with the volume at half. I don't know why yours was so quite, mine is incredibly loud, then again what was your source?

A good amp would be the WA2 and it's right at $1000. It's a much better amp than the WA3.

The Bottlehead Crack is also an excellent amp.

Quote:
I've had a Woo Audio 3 (WA3) in the past to power these bad boys but the output volume was never quite enough. I'd crank up the volume all the way and it would barely be loud enough. 

I listen to a lot of music with bass, mostly rap/hiphop and dance/trance.

Does anybody have experience when it comes to tube amps that power these nicely and allow for plenty of volume.

Budget is anything under $1000

FIRE AWAY!

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
I had these cans for some time and found the Schiit Valhalla to have been more than enough to get them very loud...

I would recommend the CSP2+ but I can't as mine is currently on the bench at the moment... but assuming I get it soon I have no doubt that I could make such a recommendation at that time.

Your thoughts on this headphone paired with the Valhalla?  I've read many preferring Schiit's amps over some Woo Audio amps and other alternatives for this headphone.  I wouldn't know which one is truly the best bet.  I'm considering both the Asgard and the Valhalla myself, and I'm not sure which one would be best.  I am terrified at the thought of the Valhalla making my DT990s sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back