Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming, and movies
Feb 21, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 18
  hey ser, is there any portable amp can under 200$ that can drive dt990 to the maximum potential? i think im willing to use that budget for e5 to buy an amp that can drive dt to the max
otherwise i will buy hd598

To its maximum potential? Not that I'm aware of. The E12, just for example, is a good little portable amp that can definitely drive the DT990/250. But it won't drive them the way a Schiit Lyr 2 or another solid desktop will, for example. So, you'll need to decide how important it is to you to drive them optimally versus driving them somewhat suboptimally.. There may be a very powerful portable amp out there that can make it happen but I don't know what it is. FWIW. YMMV, of course.

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 18
  To its maximum potential? Not that I'm aware of. The E12, just for example, is a good little portable amp that can definitely drive the DT990/250. But it won't drive them the way a Schiit Lyr 2 or another solid desktop will, for example. So, you'll need to decide how important it is to you to drive them optimally versus driving them somewhat suboptimally.. There may be a very powerful portable amp out there that can make it happen but I don't know what it is. FWIW. YMMV, of course.

ok so for just temporarily i need e12, and then after i get a job i can buy dekstop amp later
thank you mate 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back