Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium DETACHABLE MOD :D
Feb 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
I did the same mod to my pair of DT770 Pros. I got my DT880s and missed my detachable cable, so....

Lumberg 3.5mm jack

V-Moda Cable :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 14
Awesome! I want to do this myself too. How did you get the round Lumberg Jack to fit in the rectangular hole without any air leaks?With putty padding?

Also, did you take measurements for the size of that rectangular hole?:xf_eek: would be interested to know.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Awesome! I want to do this myself too. How did you get the round Lumberg Jack to fit in the rectangular hole without any air leaks?With putty padding?

Also, did you take measurements for the size of that rectangular hole?
redface.gif
would be interested to know.

Thanks!

Actually there is a very VERY small slit where air can leak. I don't want to use the same foam to seal it as I used on my DT770s, so I have to go out to a hobby store and find something that will fill the gap and harden. I'm not too concerned with it at the moment though, they are semi-open headphones anyway, air leak isnt going to affect the sound as much as it would on a closed headphone. As soon as I get something to fill the gap I'll update you on the size of the rectangular hole. The gap is less than .5mm wide.

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Also, did you take measurements for the size of that rectangular hole?
redface.gif
would be interested to know.

Thanks!

The rectangular hole for the stock cable is precisely 11/32 of an inch long and 3/16 wide.

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #11 of 14
Can you give me some insight on the painting process? Specifically the tools and kind of paint used... I suppose you sanded the part and then painted on top but, did you use spray for the finishing?

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 14
Can you give me some insight on the painting process? Specifically the tools and kind of paint used... I suppose you sanded the part and then painted on top but, did you use spray for the finishing?

click on the "DIY Manufaktur" link in my signature. It shows the whole process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back