Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 Headband Loose Clamping Issues
Dec 6, 2011 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DragonClaymore5

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 used from eBay and have been having a bunch of issues with the headband.  At first, it clamped horribly loosely.  When I just set the headphones down on my desk, the headband didn't even have enough force just to push the two earcups together.  It also rested lopsidedly on my head, as the right ear cup clamped much harder than the left.

Bending the steel yokes that hold the ear cups to match each other fixed the lopsidedness issue, but the headband clamping is still a problem.

I dismantled the headband completely and took out the steel headband part.  I bent it quite a bit more and it worked well for a while.  However, after a day of use it loosened up considerably.  I want these headphones to clamp a bit more, is there any way I can fix this issue without having to constantly re-bend the headband, like a simple mod?

I'd rather not spend more money, being a broke college student and all, but is the steel headband (not the headband padding) able to be purchased separately if I can't mod the headband?

Note that I'm a person who never had any problems with the HD280 clamping down on my head, so maybe I'm just crazy.  :p

On a nicer note, I am absolutely loving the sound quality of these headphones.  Much better bass response and midrange than my HD280, and sound great coming out of my iPhone 4/FiiO E7 combination.  The German steel feels so much more durable than the plastic of the HD280.  The velour pads are amazingly comfortable, but I also have a pair of new genuine leather ear pads coming in the mail to replace the used velours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back