Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 Premium 250ohm vs. Beyerdynamic MMX300
May 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by phandrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can only compare DT770, DT250 and DT150 i have them and use them.

DT770 Pro has the most bass impact and the best comfort out of the three.
DT770 05' is a improved version of the PRO but having a more flatten sound spectrum. No massive spike in the low freq. Comfort is just as good as the PRO. Soundstage is average and the same as PRO.

DT150 has the best sound quality out of the four, powerful bass but detailed with flat mids and slight recessed highs. DT150 also has the widest soundstage out of the three by far.

DT250 is the most neutral out the four but soundstage is much worse than DT150 and DT770. Comfort is good but not great because the pads are a bit small for me.

Out of the four and your requirements i would choose between DT770 05' and DT150.

thanks

now I'm kind of starting to like DT150
tongue.gif

May 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 22
down to GermanMaestro GMT250 (formerly MB Quart QP 250), Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm, Beyerdynamic DT150, Audio-Technica ATH-A700, Audio-Technica ATH-A900 & Pioneer HDJ-2000 now

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #18 of 22
I got the DT150 today & boy it matches all my needs

lows, mids & highs all perfect

just that when bass kicks in the vocals are little suppressed but nothing the eq can't handle

the comfort is little low but not bad

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Udit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the DT150 today & boy it matches all my needs

lows, mids & highs all perfect

just that when bass kicks in the vocals are little suppressed but nothing the eq can't handle

the comfort is little low but not bad

Glad to hear you've found something that works for you! Don't be afraid to mess around with the EQ if you have to; I found that with my DT770s that when watching movies the bass from the beats in the background music could easily overpower voices and other background details.

Comfort can always be adjusted, my friend! There are always new pads (headband and cups) that you can obtain down the road and if you're heavy into DIY stuff, then your adjustments are limitless!

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear you've found something that works for you! Don't be afraid to mess around with the EQ if you have to; I found that with my DT770s that when watching movies the bass from the beats in the background music could easily overpower voices and other background details.

Comfort can always be adjusted, my friend! There are always new pads (headband and cups) that you can obtain down the road and if you're heavy into DIY stuff, then your adjustments are limitless!

thanks
jecklinsmile.gif

I shall follow your tips
regular_smile .gif

Jun 22, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #22 of 22
I cant stress enough that the dt770 600ohm Manufaktur with a good tube amp will change your mind about closed backs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back