Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250 ohm with Focusrite 2i2- not enough power
Oct 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ColinD

New Head-Fier
I thought the Scarlette Focusrite 2i2 would power the headphones better( Bass wise Specifically), however it doesn't satisfy my needs, to be honest it is quite disappointing. I produce music too, which is extremely difficult when you don't necessarily know what is going on in the low range. Even when I listen to the biggest tracks, I have to turn the volume right up full, to get little bass response. 
Any suggestions on what I could do/ purchase would be greatly appreciated :) 

Colin.

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 3
  I thought the Focusrite 2i2 would power the headphones better, however it doesn't satisfy my needs, to be honest it is quite disappointing. I produce music too, which is extremely difficult when you don't necessarily know what is going on in the low range. Even when I listen to the biggest tracks, I have to turn the volume right up full, to get little response. 
The really low frequences 30-60 hz do tend to respond a lot better, but not much other than that,
Any suggestions on what I could do/ purchase to enhance my experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :) 

Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99.

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply, I was looking into the Magni, seems pretty good for the price. Would it be possible to connect that to my external soundcard( 2i2)? I don't know much about connecting equipment like that.  I bought the soundcard because I use a laptop,  and I need the external soundcard when producing music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back